This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TB-10 Tobago & TB-20 Trinidad - v2.03 Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb10driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TB-10 Tobago & TB-20 Trinidad - v2.03 Update
    Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 7:12pm
Many thanks, Martyn, for this software update, it certainly appears to address the trimming and pitch stability issues some people were having.

However, as so often happens on these occasions, a glitch appears to have crept into TB10 aircraft.cfg file, at least following my own installation of this new update.

I wondered why the TB10 was back to performing just like the TB20 - 150 knots and 16 gals/hour at cruise power!

It appears that someone's left a value in the TB10 aircraft.cfg, that's carried over from the TB20, viz:

In the [piston_engine] section, the value of 'max rpm mechanical efficiency scalar' is set at 2.0

Altering this value to 1.2 provides a much more credible rendition of the TB10's performance!

Thanks again for this really beautiful model - if a Flight1 RealityXP GNS430/530 was an option, it would be perfect!!

Dave
tobago56 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobago56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 9:00am
Hello everybody

I confirm that something changed about the engine settings since the last update (v2.03) because the aircraft climb at almost 120knots with the climb settings (26/2600 , no flaps) . It should be 90 knots like it was in v2.02. Thanks Dave I'll try to set the value at 1.2

By the way, I still have the following problem : the banking looks twice stronger than it should be . For example a 30° banking left looks more like a 60°. Also the inner circle needle of the banking indicator goes right when banking left. In the case of the TB10 I knew it's the opposite.

Dimitri
hroelz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hroelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:23am
Hi,

I observed the same problem - the TB10 seems way overpowered - much like it was in the very original release. Also the old bug returned, that the EGT needle is always stuck at maximum (like in the original release). It seems to me that during the update some engine data of the original version sneaked into the performance files.

Kind Regards,
Hermann
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic