This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Forum Support Dead, Admin Still Doing Great Job
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Support Dead, Admin Still Doing Great Job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKawai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Support Dead, Admin Still Doing Great Job
    Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 12:35pm
As, when simming, I sometimes like to have fun, I decided on setting up my AH company to make my pilot handle something highly taboo. This name was... 'Captain Sexy'. Daring, vulgar, below the belt - I know. But little did I know that such an offensive slur would appear in the 'pilots online' map. 

So offensive was this move that the admin, who has no time to provide support for this 'early release' product that he's still creaming profits from a year later, took it upon himself to change my public name to a grammatically incorrect, but far less offensive, "captain Immature...(Filtered)..":

https://imgur.com/a/HdaTTZr

I do however think that using a G-Rated name, without the knowledge that the name would be public, is less offensive than an admin calling one of his clientele 'immature' in his 'filtering' rather than just deleting the word if it bothered him so much. It's also very clear that this is a manual edit given the replacement word was an adjective that would be nonsensical with any other slur; that the word 'Captain' has been crudely made lower-case; and that the admin can't decide whether an ellipsis should have three dots or two, or even how to use one. 

Good luck everybody, because you're all on your own
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 2:12pm
Hi there,

The profanity filter is a recent addition to the radar view.  It was not aimed at you,  but at several other players who have used very offensive pilot names.  If a pilot name contains any of a set of inappropriate words, then the name is changed to "immature... (Filtered)..." - it's not a manual edit.

I'll remove "sexy" from the filter list which should show your pilot name on the Radar as normal.

Also, I don't provide support for AH2 on these forums because they don't really work for me (if I try and post here, the web page locks for 5+ minutes), but I do provide almost constant support on the AirHauler 2 forums at:

ea.justflight.com

which is where all AH2 issues/queries should be posted.  I can guarantee you won't be on your own if you use the correct EA forums, which are quite busy.

Kind Regards,
Slopey

(AirHauler Developer)

AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic