This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Incorrect Paint Livery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benibaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Incorrect Paint Livery
    Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 12:27pm
Vatsim P1,P2,P3
DaveG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 5:27pm
The livery is correct, that's how it was on the real aircraft.
benibaz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benibaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 5:52pm
If that is the case,then the original paint sprayers at Woodford obviously got it wrong and decided to leave it as it was!The 748's I worked on at Woodford on the production line were for the RAF(QF),so I did not actually see the CAA 748 roll off.benibaz.
Vatsim P1,P2,P3
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 10:14pm
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 10:15pm
And another 

benibaz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benibaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:38am
Thank you snave for the photos.The c/n was 1624 (1967-1982)which by that time I had left Hawker Siddeley,so never got to see the finished a/c.It still seems strange that the flag on the STB side is different from the PORT side.As I said earlier,the paint sprayers at Woodford must have made a mistake.Only two 748's were for the CAA(G-AVXI and G-AVXJ).
Vatsim P1,P2,P3
DaveG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:55am
I seem to recall this query with other aircraft as well, the answer being that the front of the tail represents the "flag pole".
benibaz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benibaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:02am
Originally posted by DaveG DaveG wrote:

I seem to recall this query with other aircraft as well, the answer being that the front of the tail represents the "flag pole".

Thanks for the info.benibaz.
Vatsim P1,P2,P3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic