This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC10 HD Fixes and Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KrisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 3:25pm
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jqBBG0adlE3WyJlxyVegsQmyl0ebnvuj
Mace_RB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mace_RB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 5:33pm
KrisJ - actually the link in your first post is the one that is working (at least presently, 9/22/18)
Also, are you using a 4K display?

It is good to see at least a few of us properly modding the CLS DC-10 to work well in 64-bit P3D.  I now have my DC-10-10's and DC-10-30's at a much higher level, with much help from you guys (thanks)  -- particularly on getting the cockpit sounds working and clueing me in to using a few aftermarket gauges.

I am presently using the ISG (Ernie Alston) FMC and Navigation Display (ND) with this aircraft (I use his Smiths FMC (gray)).  I use his MD-11 style ND.   It all works pretty well.  I presently only have these as 2D popups.  I haven't yet tried to alter the VC image to accept the FMC, and I'm not sure where I'd fit the ND unless I removed an existing gauge.

Those of you using an INS setup, are you using a 64-bit version of the Marco Ravanello CIVA INS?  If so, where can it be purchased/downloaded?

I also use the Roland 64-bit radar gauge, as a popup.  It works reasonably well.

Todays mod -- at you all's suggestion --  are the SGA DC-10-10 and -30 .air files, which I've just downloaded -- my only concern there, is that those are FS2004 (?) flight models.  If they are no good, I'll just revert back to the CLS HD air files.  I've done the cfg file fuel mods to a point, too.  Good flights all.
KrisJ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 5:16pm
Mace, here is a link to freeware INS 64bit:
http://www.simufly.com/ins/beta.html

The SGA -30 is native FSX. Not sure about -10.

I am not using 4k. Its 1080p.

Which cockpit sounds did you manage to get working?
Jocko Flocko View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 5:59pm
Hey Kris, would you mind sharing your FS Spotlights config file for the DC-10? I just got around to trying out this lighting application and I absolutely love it, especially on Carenado aircraft where the developers at Carenado/Alabeo can't figure out how to code panel lights without the bright dome light being on in the cockpit. :/

Btw, you screens look great with the addon interior lights. :)
KrisJ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KrisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 7:35am
Sure, how Can i share it here? Or should i sens you via e-mail.

BTW, the lighting is still WIP. Eng panel lighting needs some tweeking. I will update it in few weeks as now i am busy exploring B748 just released. :)
Jocko Flocko View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 3:58pm
I sent you a PM with my email address if you feel like sharing the config Kris.

I don't own the PMDG 747 base package, so I still contemplating whether or not to fork out more than 200$ for an addon aircraft.

Cheers Kris
Mace_RB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mace_RB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 4:21am
I can say that with the above mods, I have the CLS DC-10 HD working pretty well in P3Dv4.3.

I use the SGA/FFG .air file.
I use the sound xml fix posted earlier in this thread.
I use the Ernie Alston/ISG FMC mod mentioned earlier in this thread. (I prefer that to INS)
I am aware of the fuel tank issues, which I have also largely fixed based on your guy's work.

I do not use the lights mod, but that intrigues me.  I may have to register at FSL just to download that.

Anyway, the CLS DC-10 HD as modded is now good enough that I enjoy flying it, when I'm not flying the PMDG 777F, the Aerosoft DC-8 or A320, or MilViz C310R or the JustFlight BAe Hawk.  Thanks to all of you for getting us a decent DC-10 to fly in P3Dv4.3!
KrisJ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 3:40pm
Mace,

What exactly sound xml fix you ae reffeing too? Cannot see anything at this thread.

Regards,

Kris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic