This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C-46 Commando
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modern cockpit?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modern cockpit?
    Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 4:13pm
Is it possible to place the modern cockpit in the older military planes? For instance the Buffalo Airways in the China Doll? I would like to use this plane in Air Hauler 2 and the GPS in dash would be nice. If you could clue me into the changes that would need to be made that would be nice as well. Thanks ahead of time!
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 2:53am
Does nobody monitor this forum much anymore? I really would like to know if this is possible. I just would like to place the modern cockpit with the gps in dash into either Tinker Belle or China Doll. I figured it better to ask than make a mess of it. If the release scared everyone off this plane it would be a shame but understandable. It's a different plane now. Not perfect but very nice. Thanks ahead for any response at all and hopefully help!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 8:02am
Hi,
I can't make any statement whether this will work 100% and not have any side effects, but to enable another cockpit, the easiest way is probably something like this:

Copy the cockpit that you want to add and paste it into the folder of the variant you want to add it to.
Rename it something like panel.modern
Open the aircraft.cfg and find the variant you want to add it to. 
Change the panel= entry to panel=modern (i.e. whatever comes after the "panel." bit in the new panel folder name. 
Save the changes and see whether it's worked. 
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 2:04pm
Thanks Rich I will give it a try. I appreciate the answer.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:33am
Didn't use your method but I did get it to work. Thanks for the answer and help though.
bearbones View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bearbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:33am
Hello Merlin 59, I hope you're still reading this thread. I've been trying to do this, but the other way round - a military cockpit into a cargo plane. Do you think you could let me know how you did it? I've not been able to get the plane to show, I think I've missed something somewhere.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 7:19am
Yep I'm still reading this thread. I've not been at my computer so much. Give me a day or so to get the time and I'll post instructions on how I did this. If you still need them. It sounds complicated but it's really not. Just give me a bit to be able to sit down and do it. Life's kept me busy as of late.☺
bearbones View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bearbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 3:44pm
Hello Merlin59,
thankyou very much for your kind offer. I appreciate just how valuable spare time is. However, I managed to finish my workload a little early today, so had an hour or so spare. You're right, it's not so complicated, just fiddly - long winded, but I've managed to figure it out and got a military cockpit into a cargo fuselage, which pleases me no end.
Thanks once again for your offer to help, you can use the time more usefully now, I'm sure.
Jon
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 6:19pm
I didn't mind at all. Glad you got it worked out though. It's not that I don't usually have the time. Between other things and our current storms taking our internet out, it was all conspiring against me. Good you got it figured. I can't even reliably fly with online weather or anything at the moment. I'm typing this in a hurry before it goes again!😀
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic