This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warrior & Arrow XP11 - Freezing frame-rate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warrior & Arrow XP11 - Freezing frame-rate
    Posted: 30 May 2018 at 5:03pm
Hi,  just friends...

I am using Arrow III PA28-201 v1.5.0 for months in very good conditions.

Flying around Corsica, Sicilia,...

And Wow! What a nice model!

But... Last Monday I have downloaded the 1.5.1 update.

I have done the normal installation, from step 1 to 9. As I have done before.

The acf is loaded in X-plane but the screen is almost freezing between 1 & 5 fps.

Thinking about a plugin conflict, I have tried restarting by disabling the plugins one by one. Restarting, restarting, restarting... Then without any custom sceneries = no way :(

Then I have re-installed the previous version 1.5.0 to have a test and it does the same thing!!

All my other "non-JustFlight" models (Laminar, Carenado, vFlightAir, etc) work fine.

As I also wanted to purchase JF-WarriorII PA28-161 since it was for sale, I decided to download it yesterday: the occasion to make a test.

I have the same problem!

I have sand my log.txt to the support team but they told me they don't see where is the problem. I am the only one to have it... (This is why I'm posting here).

I have just noticed that when my 'camera' view is outside of the acf, the frame-rate climbs at 10 or 15 fps. Falling at 1 to 5 back in the acf.

If my view is in the airport control-tower, the frame-rate climbs to 45 or 50+ (even in custom scenery)

Look like one element inside the JF aircraft is freezing, but what?

Of course, I cannot fly JF models at all for the time being :(

Any idea?

Cheers,

Greggy

2015 MacPro 64Go Vram / AMD 3Go / X-plane11.21r2
Greggy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:33am
As no answer from the JF support and the forum, I continue my solo-investigations to be able to use these beautiful models one day. Ouch

When I load the plane in a basic scenery at the other end of the planet (i.e. surrounded by water) the frame-rate is much better, even less than other developers premium aircrafts.
I can fly the JF model in that poor environnement but I notice that the rate changes according to my angle of view. Fps are poor, looking forwards somewhere to the right.

When I load the plane into a custom scenery, a scene I usually use, the frame-rate collapses. While all my other planes still work very well.
Although here also the rate changes depending on the angle of view:

Almost zero in normal views, it climbs to 25-30, only if I look at my feet. Clap

And yes... My graphics configurations are almost set to zero for these tests.

I post you screenshots and if anyone has any idea what can jam, I'm taker!
For the moment the JF staff considers that they cannot help me... Dead

Anyway, we'll have to find a solution...

Thanks Beer
Greggy

Now in usual custom scenery:

NoJoe View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 5:14pm
Hi Greggy,

Hmm, it looks like an error is probably happening inside X-Plane.  I'd like to take a look at your "Log.txt" file; here's how you can get that:

1. Launch X-Plane and load the PA-28 Arrow.
2. Get the same frame rate issues to happen again.
3. Quit X-Plane.

Now go into your main X-Plane folder, and find the file titled "Log.txt".  Please attach that to your post here as an attachment, if possible.

(I'm new to these forums, so if it's not possible to attach a file, then you can copy the contents of the Log.txt file and paste them in with your reply).  I'll take a look and see if there are any errors happening.  Thanks!
Greggy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 5:48pm
Hi NoJoe!

Thank you so much!

I cannot attache the Log.txt so I prefer to sand it by private message instead of pasting it here (check your PM's box)
I don't want it to be Googlized........ Wink

I have done a ticket to the support with my Log.txt on thuesday but they've told me they couldn't find any thing interesting...

Thanks again and good luck!
NoJoe View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 7:11pm
You're welcome!

But ... I also couldn't find anything interesting.  Hmm.

A couple notes:
1. A new version of X-Plane (11.21) just came out this week.  I wonder if it broke something?

2. I also see you're in VR.  Try loading the plane in 2D, and see if that makes a difference.

The symptom of the frame rate dropping precipitously sounds similar to what happens when the video card's VRAM gets full.  It starts using system RAM which is slooooooooooow (by comparison).  So maybe something is pushing your system just "over the edge", so to speak.

As an experiment, try turning down your texture settings to minimum and the anti-aliasing settings to OFF in X-Plane's graphics settings, then quit and restart X-Plane.  This will be a good test: if the frame rate issues remain, then we know it's not VRAM-related.

Let us know how it goes!
Greggy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 7:28am
Hi NoJoe!
Thank you again for trying to help me Thumbs Up

1) Yes: I have done the .21 upgrade recently so maybe something's wrong with it...

2) What is "VR" ?

I have already done my tests with minimum graphic settings. Btw it is the only possibility to fly my two JF aircrafts.
Best: without any scenery :/

Since one week, the real question is:
Why do the other aircrafts work very well (even the very heavy JARDesign A330...!) at almost max graphic settings, while the 2 JF aircrafts don't ??

Haha!

This is a screen-shot of my usual settings with all planes:

And this is how to use my JF aircrafts:

Cheers!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic