This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XP11 - bugs and questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XP11 - bugs and questions
    Posted: 12 May 2018 at 2:53pm
Hello all.

Been a TB20 user on the P3D version, but having switched to Xplane a few months back, I was eagerly waiting a decent TB20 on this platform.

Having tested the new TB20 on Xplane from the last couple of days, here are the questions and bugs I can report :

- speeds
I saw some users reported totally exagerated cruise speeds, like in the first versions for P3D. Some reported more than 170KIAS in cruise.
I tested some configurations from 2500 to 8500 feet, and every parameters (MP, RPM, FF, KIAS and KTAS) were in line with the PIM.

- Timers on ADF
I don't remember if this was operational on the P3D version, but the ADF does not permit to select Elapsed Time and Timer.
But this function is demonstrated in the TB20 manual, so I don't know if this is normal, or if this is planned to be implemented later.

- Circuit Breakers
Idem than above

- CWS
The manual states than to affect CWS to a joystick, we need to use Ballast.
But Ballast does not seem to exist in Xplane.
Would this be a reminiscence of the P3D version ?
CWS seems to work with the CWS Xplane affectation.
The CWS "graphic" button on the yoke does not work (it worked in P3D).

- AP Master Switch.
The AP Master switch should energize the autopilot system, but not engage it.
If I disconnect the AP by either way (except Master OFF of course), the master should remain ON.

In the P3D version, this was well simulated, even with the "test" (that is not simulated in Xplane) that needs to be initiated after AP initialization.
But in xplane, there is some malfunctions.
* if I put the AP MSTR SWITCH "ON", the AP engages.  (=KAP150 should only energize).
* if I try to engage AP via the "AP" switch, without having putting AP MSTR to ON : it engages, and the AP MSTR switch automatically switches ON      (=Master being OFF, ap should not engage).
* if I disengage AP via Yoke Red Button, Trim stick affectation, or AP DISC-SERVOS-FD-TRIM stick affectation : it disengages the AP MASTER too     (=should not)
* If I disengage AP via the "AP" pushbutton on the AP : it only disengages AP, but MASTER remains ON.    (=OK)
* If I disengage AP via a click on the Trim on the yoke : it only disengages AP, but Master remains ON (=OK, but strange, because If I do the same action via my joystick trim affectation, it disengages Master too).

- stormscope
It does not work for me. Nothing happens if I turn the knob. The four white buttons does not seem to be operational either.

- altimeter discrepancies
Tuning both altimeters to the same settings, I have a discrepancy of about 50 - 75 feet.
Could happen in real life, but never saw that in a simulation.

- operating light on de-ice panel
There is two lights on the de-ice panel which can be white or red (white indicating if the system is operating in Anti Ice or De Ice, and the opposite flashing red if the system does not have enough pressure).
no light at all in the simulation (at least a white one to indicate if the system is functioning in Anti or De Ice should be appreciated).

Last thing, more a question than a report : 
I don't use RXP GNS (because there is no way one can fly online with a database outdated for more than a year)
Is there a way, with the standard XPlane GNS, to link the CDI to the GPS course when CDI is set to GPS ?

thank for your work.

jeff64 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 11:51am
Did not found how to edit a post but I get my P3D up and running to test some functionalities.
Circuit breakers and ADF timers were working in P3D.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:27am
Hi Jeff,

Can you report these to our support team so they can investigate and get back to you if they need more info? http://support.justflight.com/support/tickets/new

The FSX/P3D and XP11 versions of the product are entirely different in terms of functionality as that cannot be 'ported' over.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic