This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC 10 Prepar3d V4 only update/upgrade pack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicholasSoares Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC 10 Prepar3d V4 only update/upgrade pack
    Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 6:22pm
I have made this pack with the following fixes:

Better handling on landing (ground effect modeled) and in flight;
Sounds fixed;
New callouts sounds and logic;
Tons of P3D V4 bug hunting and fixing done;

Know issues:

Radio Knob sounds cannot be applied due a error in the new xml sound gauge for the 64 bits platform, nothing that i can do in my side for now, i hope they fix it soon.

in some configuration settings and addon airport you could hear 2 equal callouts in some cases (Related to ground height abrupt variation).

Soon i will bring an ISG retrofit with lnav, native FMC(virtual cockpit replacement) and vnav for the DC 10.

Blaser View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 2:31pm
The flaps sound and other clickable sounds work. Meanwhile callouts and altitude alert do not work for me. Any suggestion pls?
flugkapitan911 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flugkapitan911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 1:55pm
Nicholas,

Thanks for your work on this mod!

Regards,
Scott
"Now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"
Mike Hart View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 10:00pm
Nick how much of these changes will work in FSX? The reason for asking is that I have been chasing down probably the same bugs in FSX. 

I have made a number of changes to some glaring errors - fuel quantities and MTOW and EW weights for all models, wing Angle of Incidence is incorrect for all the DC-10's based on engineering data I found. None of the various engines had the correct; static thrust, N2 rpms, inlet area sizes. Cannot change the air file tables at the moment but they do not correlate correctly to other data I have for the same range of engines. 

Not sure why but from video the P3D ASI has speed bugs but not the FSX version. 

Happier note I have been able to replace the FMC with the freeware Honeywell FMC both as panels and in the VC, it works throughout the range of functions and is properly integrating with the AP. The CLS is basically a for show version of the same thing in my view. 

I have also got call outs for stall warning etc., and GPWS functional and have had no issues with switch sounds when selected. 

My main problem is performance and attitude control above F250 in real world temps, the aircraft loses thrust significantly without a loss of N2 or N1 speeds, I call the speed decay severe it will go from M 0.68 to M 0.44 in the space of about 2000 ft, the AP correctly commands pitch to increase lift and all icing switches are on. Reducing pitch angle and rate of climb does not fix it as the aircraft does not accelerate if held level but will simply sit there at the reduced speed. I also find the speed hold control of the AP is dodgy and cannot hold speed within plus or minus M 0.05. 

Worth chasing down these problems but they are very irritating because overall this is a really nice model. 
Mike Hart View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 4:12am
Nick for information air files for P3D work just as well in FSX, that is they have no issues and are using all the same parameters in the ESP engine that drives both. 

Unless the guages remained for 32 bit they will work but if they were redone for 64bit that is 3PD they will not. 

I would be interested to know if you have experienced this speed/thrust loss from F200 to F250. 
I have tried step climbing to F150, then to F150 then to F180 then to F200 all okay but as soon as you hit that band above F200 bang the speed drops off rapidly until a stall results. Very frustrating as it makes the aircraft unusable. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic