This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you get this aircraft to accelerate?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfwharton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you get this aircraft to accelerate?
    Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 6:21pm
Hello.  I recently purchased the L-1011 Pro from Just Flight and am trying to figure out how to do a climb out.  Taking off from KDEN at 6,000 ft using flaps 10 this aircraft does not accelerate.  After rotation I try to maintain 10 degrees of pitch, retract the gear and it sits there at around 160 and does not accelerate even with full throttle.  Only after I drop the nose and accelerate more, then retract the flaps does the aircraft start to accelerate.  Is this the way this aircraft is supposed to perform, grossly underpowered.  I have an L-1011 for another flight simulator and it performs nothing like this one from Just Flight.  That one has power and climbs out steeply.  So what am I doing wrong?
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 10:22pm
I haven't flown this bird that much, but I don't remember having any problems like this.
Does it behave the same at lower airport altitudes or with lower amounts of fuel or payload?
jfwharton View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfwharton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 12:52am
I created a flight from KMIA to KATL.  The acceleration on the runway was about the same as at altitude at KDEN but the climb out was better.  Guess I just need to get more acquainted with this aircraft.  I'm not used to flying Heavies.  I like to fly twin turbo props, commuter and GA aircraft.  But I saw this one and remembered how I liked flying in it when I was younger and thought it would be neat to fly an L-1011.  This is one huge aircraft.
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 12:42pm
I just tried it: Yes, with flaps at 10 it does not accelerate that well (but still easily way above your 160KIAS), but as soon as you raise them, the speed increases considerably.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic