This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L-1011 Autopilot tutorials?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfwharton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L-1011 Autopilot tutorials?
    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 7:26pm
I recently purchased the L-1011 pro and am trying to get used to this aircraft.  Can anyone recommend any tutorials on using the autopilot.  I'm finding it a bit frustrating.  So far after takeoff on climb out I engaged the autopilot and then the nose pitched up and the aircraft stalled.  Another time I'm trying to get used to using the FMS which I just got working and again the aircraft starts climbing for no reason that I can figure out as yet and stalls.  So any information would be helpful.  In the mean time guess I'll keep trying and using the trial by error method.
AndyUK View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 8:27pm
There's a step by step tutorial flight in the manual starting on page 123, configuring the autopilot starts on page 130.

Andy L
jfwharton View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfwharton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 9:37pm
Thanks for the information.  I saw the tutorial but haven't gone through it completely.  Currently I'm flying out of KDEN so the altitude seems to have an effect on this aircraft that I wasn't expecting.  On takeoff at 6,000 ft the aircraft is extremely slow to accelerate and slow on climb out.  Which is probably I'm having trouble getting the autopilot set.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic