This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > VC10 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VOR navigation problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VOR navigation problem
    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:13pm
Hi all.

Since the last update, i'm finding that I VOR navigation in the VC10 isn't working. I'll have the correct frequency in NAV 1 or 2, and my desired course set on the CDI. The VOR indicator shows i'm picking up the beacon, the range is showing on the DME, and if I set the appropriate NAV channel audio I hear the correct morse code for the beacon.

I put the aircraft on an intercept course of no more than 20 degrees from desired course, then wait until the bars star moving on the CDI until putting the autopilot in LOC/VOR mode.

Nothing happens. The aircraft just continues straight on, through the radial intercept without turning.

Is it me doing something wrong?

The funny thing is, the aircraft will capture and follow an ILS no problem. It just seems to be LOC/VOR that won't work!

Edited for speeling mistorks.
Nuclear Hedgehog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclear Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 7:48pm
Update: I have confirmed that VOR navigation in general is working in FSX just fine. However, my VC10 still stubbornly refuses to follow the selected course in VOR/LOC mode. It just settles into a very shallow left turn - a degree every couple of seconds.

Can anybody offer any help?? It's really spoiling my enjoyment of the aircraft!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic