This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PA-28 Warrior II Requirements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OY-HAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PA-28 Warrior II Requirements
    Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 12:39pm
Hi there,

I am currently looking into buying this plane. I have both Prepar3d v4.2 and X-Plane 11. For this type of aircraft, I prefer flying in X-Plane 11 because of its, in my opinion, superior flight dynamics. However, I see quite a noticeable difference in the requirements for the two versions of this plane. For Prepar3d the requirements are a lot more modest than for X-Plane and it makes my wonder why this is the case?

For Prepar3d the GFX requirements are "1GB graphics card" and for X-Plane they are "DirectX 12-capable graphics card from nVidia, AMD or Intel with at least 4GB VRAM (GeForce GTX 1070 or better or similar from AMD)". I have an MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G card. The rest of my spec's match the requirements; my i5 Skylake is overclocked to 4.5 GHz and I have 16GB installed. If I remember correctly the GTX 970 cards only really utilize the 3.5GB and not all 4GB. Do you think my system will suffice?

Cheers,
Hakim
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:25pm
Hi

I was worried about specs before I bought this and the arrows for xplane 11.
I only have the GeForce 750ti which is only 2gb memory system same as yours roughly with 12gb system memory.
I have no problems what so ever running all of them.

I have not regretted moving from fsx to x-plane at all. I see now that JF have announced the xplane conversion of their Hawks now, let's hope they convert the Tobago etc as well.

Anthony
X-Plane 11 User
OY-HAH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OY-HAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:44pm
Thanks a lot, Anthony :)

Cheers,
Hakim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic