This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > One-Eleven 300/400/500
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Service pack 1.6 issues.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joefremont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Service pack 1.6 issues.
    Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 9:50pm
Installed the update the and took her for a flight yesterday. At first I just installed over the previous 1.5 version and she seamed as hard to control as ever. So today I deleted the old install and re-installed and did a pair of VA flights from EGLL to ESSA. It did seam a little better, on the outbound flight ATC had me do a visual approach and was able to do a landing fairly normally although I did have to fiddle with the tail trim a bit to keep her under control. On the return flight started to climb and turned on the autopilot as I was ascending, the plane soon started to pitch up dangerously and stalled, I would have crashed had I not 'cheated' a bit. Finally getting her under control and climbing normally, decent into Heathrow was going normally on an ILS approach until I switched to 'GS AUTO' and the plane immediately pitched down toward the ground, I had to quickly switch off the autopilot and using a lot of tail trim managed to get her back level and finally a safe but fairly hard landing, using trim to control her more than the stick. The dangerous pitch down when I turned on GS AUTO also happened when I did the first 1.6 test flight, before I did the re-install.

Other issues I had were even though all four pilot heater switches were on the airspeed kept going down to zero while flying. Another issue was the yoke in the VC, when I started it seamed in a normal position but at some point it moved forward so you could not see the bottom of the directional gauge where you would set the heading and course.

I could not say if anything I experienced was 'realistic' to the way the real 1-11 flew but it certainly was not fun to fly and until these things change she is heading to the mothball fleet.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 9:12am
(reposting my reply from the CBFsim forum)

Hi Joe,

I can't reproduce either the pitch up or pitch down issues when using the latest FDE. The climb and transition to ILS approaches were smooth and easy to control, provided the airspeed was also under control and appropriate for the flap setting. We've also not received any other reports of this issue, so I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team so we can try to identify the cause.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
joefremont View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joefremont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 1:32am
Hi Martyn,

Thanks for checking into this, I may experiment more before contacting support.  I did make sure to completely remove the old install before doing my last test.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic