This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arrow III flight dynamics with flaps set

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabs79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arrow III flight dynamics with flaps set
    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 11:24am
Hi,

First of all, I'd like to thank the development team for this beautiful aircraft. It is a joy to fly and I hardly flew another aircraft since I bought the Piper Arrow III / IV bundle, I haven't even tried out the Turbo version yet. However, I observed some unexpected behavior in the flight dynamics when setting flaps on approach. When I lower the flaps, I expected the nose of the aircraft to rise due to the increased lift the flaps create, and then slowly lower again when airspeed decreases due to higher drag. This is also what I'm used to from my other aircraft addons, like the A2A Cessna 172. Instead, the nose drops significantly and I have to pull back on the Yoke to counter that effect. I'm not a real life pilot, so of course I don't know if that just reflects the flight dynamics of the real aircraft, but if it does maybe someone can explain this to me aerodynamically. I thought it might have something to do with the piper being a low wing aircraft while all the other planes I fly are high wing, but I don't know enough about physics to really understand the flight dynamics.

Thanks and cheers,

Fabian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic