This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Carb Heat ? Arrow III & Warrior II for X-Plane 11
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carb Heat ? Arrow III & Warrior II for X-Plane 11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stagbeetle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carb Heat ? Arrow III & Warrior II for X-Plane 11
    Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 9:41pm

Both the new Arrow III and Warrior II are lovely models. however in both the Carb Heat does not seem to work at all in X-Plane 11.

When I map Carb Heat ON/OFF/Toggle to a controller button the Virtual Cockpit control does not move.

I can toggle the Carb Heat lever in the VC, but only if I map it to 'Alternate Static Port Toggle'. This appears to only affect the Amps, as you would expect from the Alt Static Source.
Carb Heat should affect the RPM, but it doesn't.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has this issue?
(Also has anyone actually had their engine, in either model, run rough and stop due to ice in the carb?)

Thanks.

JF_PA28_Arrow_III_v1.21
JF_PA28_Warrior_II_v1.0

anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 11:16am
I noticed the same regarding the carb heat not effecting the Amps.

Unless it's correct also the primer knob does not move much, very small amount hardly an movement at all. This is not mapped to a button, I am using the Mose to move it.

Anthony
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 8:19am
We will shortly be releasing an update to fix the carb heat issue.

The primer is animated and uses the X-Plane logic for that system.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic