This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PA28 Warrior for Xplane 11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tutmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PA28 Warrior for Xplane 11
    Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 6:34pm
Liking it so far. Performs very well, great product again!

2 minor things though. Flaps handle should only have 3 positions, not the 10 it has in the sim.
Engine start and stop are too quick and because of that is lacking a bit of character, I wish I could really start it that easily, it is almost like an instant on/off switch.

Like I said, minor!

Chris :)
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 1:45pm
Hi Chris,

Are you using the control assignment or dragging the lever in the cockpit? 

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Tutmeister View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tutmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 3:19pm
Both, it ratchets up through about 10 notches using either the mouse or assigning it to an axis. It should only have 3 locked positions rather than 10. Your p3d version is correct.
Chris
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 3:37pm
We're looking into it. Should be a quick fix. The default increment/decrement flap assignment (1/2) works correctly so I'm not sure why the axis assignment isn't.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
AnOriginalGeek View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnOriginalGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 7:14pm
Just bought the Warrior last night. So far liking it. My flaps seem to work without issue, just the three settings. I did notice that the image of the right fuel tank gauge seems to be a little 'compressed' or stretched a bit. 
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tutmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 7:48pm

Originally posted by AnOriginalGeek AnOriginalGeek wrote:

Just bought the Warrior last night. So far liking it. My flaps seem to work without issue, just the three settings. I did notice that the image of the right fuel tank gauge seems to be a little 'compressed' or stretched a bit. 

As Martyn asked, are you using keys for the flaps or grabbing and moving with the mouse or a joystick axis?

Chris
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnOriginalGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Tutmeister Tutmeister wrote:

As Martyn asked, are you using keys for the flaps or grabbing and moving with the mouse or a joystick axis?

Chris

I think Martyn was addressing the OP, not me. I'm using two joystick buttons, one assigned to flap up and the other to flap down and they seem to work just fine.
My YouTube FlightSim Channel: https://goo.gl/VZcMaS
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tutmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 2:08am
Yes he was addressing the op - me! :)
I was wondering if you weren't seeing the same problem as me because you are using buttons. When you get chance, try using the mouse to drag the flap lever or assign it to an axis and see how many clicks it does up and down.

Chris
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnOriginalGeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Tutmeister Tutmeister wrote:

Yes he was addressing the op - me! :)
I was wondering if you weren't seeing the same problem as me because you are using buttons. When you get chance, try using the mouse to drag the flap lever or assign it to an axis and see how many clicks it does up and down.

Chris

I tried with the mouse to grab the handle and lower the flaps and you are correct. I didn't count how many clicks I was able to set but I could set more then just 3 like you said. Using buttons assigned it was just the 3.
My YouTube FlightSim Channel: https://goo.gl/VZcMaS
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tutmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 8:20am
Cool, thanks for trying, just wanted to check it wasn't just me!
Chris
jimst57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimst57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 1:46am
I'm wondering what the big white push button, that just says OFF, is right below the yoke?

I can't find it in the manual.

If you hide the yoke you will see it easily.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 8:21am

The real aircraft on which this simulation is based (G-BOZI) is fitted with two different types of fuel gauge, and our aircraft are exact replicas of our chosen research aircraft for ultimate realism. Another sign of the age of these aircraft, and something which is common in well-used training aircraft like this one.

The flap issue is being investigated now.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic