This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aircraft rolls right when GTN750 enguaged

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aircraft rolls right when GTN750 enguaged
    Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 3:43pm
Issue:

GTN750 programmed with departure involving left turnout and track to VOR. Fly runway heading and then enguage autopilot. Aircraft enters a steep bank to the right and stays in that configuration. Not sure if it would ever roll out onto a heading as the turn is so steep that height can''t be maintained and a crash ensues.

Why is this happening?

Cockpit configuration:

• GTN750 powered up by cycling to KX170, powering on and then cycling back to 750.
  • GTN750 programmed with left turn departure and enroute procedure. Departure activated.
  • All other navaids powered on
  • NAV1 indicating initial VOR and VOR identified. OBS set to inbound heading.
  • NAV1 frequency indicating live on GTN750
  • HDG bug set to runway heading
  • KN62A set to Remote
  • Coupler radio selector set to NAV1
  • A/P On
  • HDG On
  • Nav/approach coupler set to NAV

Simulator configuration:

• P3D v3.3
  • PA-28R Arrow III Service Pack 2.3
  • Flight 1 GTN750 version 1.22 (Trainer v6211)
  • FSUIPC
  • Windows 8.1
Mace_RB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mace_RB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:50am
A slight shallow roll-right after AP engage is a known bug in FSX and it has carried over into P3D.  

HOWEVER, a steep bank isn't normal!  I don't know if the standard roll-right bug is getting amplified on your system, or if there is something more involved going on.  Possibly your roll scalars are set too high in your cfg file?

I have also noticed that my Arrow is having trouble using the "NAV" feature on the AP.  I'm still investigating that, but it may be related to what you're seeing.  I would set up a flight plan, which shows in the GPS100/500.   Then when I initiate the "NAV" AP dial, the plane BANKS HARD RIGHT.   Very interesting that you're seeing the same, albeit with the GTN750, which I do not own...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic