This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A couple of issues with V4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Delta558 Delta558 wrote:

But the Vulcan does have TFR, though not as complex as the one in the Tornado (giving indications to the pilot rather than actually flying the aircraft). However, for sim purposes the avoidance of terrain is the main issue, and with the fact that both Tornado systems and TFR are being looked at this year I would think it likely that it will be addressed!

Well if so it’s about time. TFR was heavily trailed in the GR1 pre release hype. Successive SP’s failed to address it. All this time later it still doesn’t work, any more than RA hold works. I wonder if they’ll fix the nose down attitude problem flying at low level in autopilot compared to manual flight. The last problem leads me to suspect there is something fundamentally wrong with the flight model.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by kevinh kevinh wrote:

I wonder if they’ll fix the nose down attitude problem flying at low level in autopilot compared to manual flight. The last problem leads me to suspect there is something fundamentally wrong with the flight model.

Well, as that hasn't (to the best of my knowledge) been reported, it certainly hasn't made its way back to me, perhaps it is something that can be looked at.

Regarding your comment about something being fundamentally wrong, please remember that this simulator only allows for one wing shape. That is defined within the fde, it is specific and does not allow for alteration of wing shape at all. The Tornado effectively has 4 wing positions, so 4 different wing shapes.
The following is from memory, so may not be exact but is not far off: With the Tornado, there is a defined change of attitude based on wing sweep angle (because the CoL shifts rearwards) as well as speed. I think that attitude is 3 degrees for each main sweep movement - fore to mid, mid to aft. That balances itself as the speed alters, so you have two items affecting the pitch of the aircraft, rather than the more usual one (speed) which the sim is set up for. The change of pitch with wing sweep has been created within the fde, and as an initial thought I would suggest that maybe the AP is bypassing that. Something to look at, certainly, but when you create things the sim wasn't intended to account for there is always the risk of finding an unwanted side-effect.

Paul.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 8:10pm
Hi Paul,

I have reported it and supplied screenshots to show the problem. When flying manually pitch attitude is normal. If you engage autopilot in RA or TFR mode, pitch attitude is several degrees nose down in comparison. I understand the problem you have with variable sweep, but for the same weight and speed, pitch attitude in level flight should be the same whether AP is engaged or not.

This is in addition to the pitch oscillations that occur in these modes but which don't affect vertical flight path. The GR1 pitch oscillates but VS is zero and altitude is rock solid. I don't know what is going on, but it doesn't feel right.

Cheers,

Kevin
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Sorry for the delay in answering.
As Herky has correctly stated, we have an F3 in the works at the moment. It's currently still being modelled, but when the time comes for coding work the plan is to give the GR1 an overhaul at the same time. 

Yay! Looking forward to it.

Fix the navigation systems, specifically waypoints displaying or not displaying correctly and the rear seat displays.

The Terrain Following would be nice. If you can do something similar to SSW Terrain Following that would be super. Although I know they use their own terrain maps and that's keyed in to their simulation. Seemingly the P3d/Orbx terrain read straight from the simulator, is a bit difficult to program in.

In my opinion, the VRS Superbug reigns supreme in the P3d combat jet league(Tacpack). Then I believe the Aerosoft F14 would be up there, but I haven't bought it (Yet!). Definitely on the list.

I do have the SWS F-4. I am disappointed in that, mainly because its not compatible with P3d Simdirector, so I cant script any mission scenarios...Nothing to bomb you see? Their support is great, but not much I can do with it without Simdirector, but that's just me.

Happy simming.

Best regards
David

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Mr Paul Michael Rose View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Paul Michael Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 8:49am
Hi Guys

Do we have any news on the Tonka GR-1 update. I have left it a few months but am really curious if its a dead issue now?
Craig.Haskell View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Technical Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig.Haskell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Mr Paul Michael Rose Mr Paul Michael Rose wrote:

Hi Guys

Do we have any news on the Tonka GR-1 update. I have left it a few months but am really curious if its a dead issue now?

The F3 is still in development and as previousy stated by Rich, when the time comes the GR1 will have its overhaul at the same time.

Be assured it has not been forgotten about.

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Paul Michael Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 9:59pm
Hi Guys

Possibly a silly question, any news on the Tornado update???

Is there any chance of it before or even for Xmas. I have jusat got Marham working perfectly and the working Tonka would be wonderful. Coningsby too for the F3.

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Paul Michael Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 1:26pm
Hi Guys

I had a conversation with one of the JF guys at Cosford and he said if I do a full reinstall maybe that will work. I did and alas no change, when trying to access the flightplans from the rear seat it dies.

I know this isn't an issue for everybody but if you guys need a beta bod to test different configs I am happy to be the guinea pig.

Looking forward to the update but If I can be of any help I am happy to be.

Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic