This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Constant siren sound after shutdown?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constant siren sound after shutdown?
    Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 6:37am
In the XP11 version, I have a constant faint siren sound that never goes away even after I completely shutdown the aircraft and turn all power off.  The only way to stop the siren is to switch to a different aircraft (not variant but completely different aircraft).

Cheers, Rob.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 10:21am
Hi Rob,

The only siren that I can think of is the ELT which is controlled using the switch to the left of the pilot. It is set to the auto position by default, which triggers the ELT if you exceed 4.6G.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 11:03am
"faint siren" could be the vacuum pump for the gyro, too.

Edit: Or a rotating beacon?
robains View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 3:29pm
Hi Martyn,

I think that was it, I did exceed 4.6G with a couple of aggressive maneuvers.  But shouldn't that siren be extinguished when the aircraft in completely powered down ... or does the siren run on some other power source?  Also, is there a button/switch to disable it?

Cheers, Rob.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 3:58pm
Hi Rob,

I think it has an independent power source but not 100% certain. You should be able to switch it off using the ELT switch or by reloading the aircraft.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 5:16pm
I would hope any ELT has an independent power source, because it should continue working after a crash :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic