This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radio Nav Stack VOR not acquiring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbit33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio Nav Stack VOR not acquiring
    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 6:41pm
Hi
Just purchased the PA-28 bundle from FSS. Is there a trick to using the NAV stack? I can tune NAV 1 & Nav 2 but the OBS don't acquire in either a TO/FROM state. I just have the red/white flags even as I fly right over the VOR station.

Thanks,
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 10:30am
Hi Simon.

Are you using the product in FSX/P3D or XP11?

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
rabbit33 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbit33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 9:57pm
Hi Martyn,
I'm using P3D V4.1

thxs
rabbit33 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbit33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 12:41am
My test so far is; startup procedure at KSNC, tune in NAV 1 to 114.90 Hartford VOR.  The needles on the piper and the to/from flags do not go live. I've tested default baron and the needles go live on the ground.

If I load a default aircraft, tune to 114.90 then switch to the JF Piper the needles go live, but as soon as I tune into another VOR the original problem returns.

is there a service pack or patch I'm missing, even though I just purchased from FSS?

Many thanks
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 10:00am
If you are within range of the VOR then the only two things which should prevent the VOR gauges from indicating correctly are a lack of electrical power or the mode selector on the NAV1/NAV2 radio not being in either the VOICE or IDENT position.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic