This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plane doesnt follow GPS signal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gugelhopf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plane doesnt follow GPS signal
    Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 1:44pm
Hi Guys

I have trouble with the Piper Arrow 3 and the Turbo Piper for Xplane. Since 11.10 the Plane does not follow the GPS signal when i start the machine Cold. Strangly It works when i select "Start with running engines" in the Xplane Menue.

Am i doing something wrong? Always worked before 11.10.

Thanks!

Greetings
COLRE View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COLRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 1:56pm
Is the GPS screen showing VLOC or GPS as the source for the VOR dial?
Gugelhopf View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gugelhopf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 11:09pm
GPS
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 9:49am
Please refer to this post which contains info on configuring the AP to follow the GPS from a cold & dark state - http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/136073-engaging-gps/&do=findComment&comment=1315367

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Mace_RB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mace_RB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Please refer to this post which contains info on configuring the AP to follow the GPS from a cold & dark state - http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/136073-engaging-gps/&do=findComment&comment=1315367

Thanks
Martyn

I realize the above is all about XPlane, but I have the same issue in P3D v4.  The aircraft simply will not follow the GPS signal.  I'm forced to use the HDG bug.  I'm a pretty experienced P3D/FSX guy, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong, or if this is some problem with the aircraft.

Any insight appreciated.  Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic