This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horizontal Situation Indicator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allenby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horizontal Situation Indicator
    Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 6:41pm
Can someone give me advice on how to manually move the yellow triangular index marker on the HSI, please.

I've tried all combinations of pressing the selector knobs on the HSI and the Directional Gyro Indicator but it stays fixed at 299* and on the Course setting. None of the control knobs on the HSI and DGI are operating so I don't know if this the norm on this JF Hawk or not.
Expect the unexpected.Intel i5-2500K@3.30GHz Sandy Bridge
ASROCK Q77M vPRO Motherboard
8GB DDR3 Ram,ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, OCZ 750 watt PSU, Windows 10 Home 64bit
Allenby View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allenby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:27pm
So I take it the HSI marker and direction knobs are non-operational?

Which is a pity as I'm getting fed up with the Hawk rolling out everytime I adjust the radio or other cockpit functions. I just want to enable the autopilot to achieve this
8GB DDR3 Ram,ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, OCZ 750 watt PSU, Windows 10 Home 64bit
Allenby View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allenby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 5:53pm

"So I take it the HSI marker and direction knobs are non-operational?"

They are operational it was me having a senior moment!! I accidentally put the mouse pointer on the HSI direction knob, held it down and found the yellow pointer moving when I moved the mouse left and right.

Thanks to the silent majority for not pointing out the bleedin' obvious to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic