This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > VC10 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Constant Start Sounds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimos87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constant Start Sounds
    Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 10:55am
Just something I need to ask not just on the VC-10 but this is the one I'm in at the moment, I'm on the ground I chose cold and dark all fuel pumps are off but power is on but I hear constant start sounds from the engines, any ideas
helixkingdom View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helixkingdom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 1:08pm
Toggle sound off/on. It may help.
vanhelsing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanhelsing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 1:29pm
Hi
I have the same problem. After loading the VC10 I have to press cold and dark for 10 or 15 times before reacting. After landing, the engines can not be completely shut down. The speed does not drop any further than to 30%. Afterwards a constant restart sound of the engines can be heard

Regards
Chris
trindade View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trindade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 9:29pm
No problems here. After I choose cold&dark all goes quiet after a few seconds and all systems are off. Not sure what should be the problem!
But when I have systems on and open the fuel/payload page, when i come back to the virtual cockpit i've no sounds,  I need to go to external view and come back to have vc sounds again. Anyone else with this problem?
BTW: beautiful work on this beauty JustFlight team. Please keep the good work. Thank you.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 8:58am
Have you submitted a support ticket?

After loading the aircraft, did you make sure that the engines were stabilised at idle before selecting cold & dark? You may find that the change in state doesn't take full effect if not.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
vanhelsing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanhelsing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:28am
Hello Martyn,

Thanks for your help. Cold and dark works when the engines are stabilized. But after landing, the engines can not be turned off. N1 only drops to 30%, constant start sound and AES does not start. AES shows the message that the engines still need to be shut down

Regards
Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic