This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HS 748 Engine Sound

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robau707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HS 748 Engine Sound
    Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:21am
Hi all,
Need some help.
When I start the aircraft engines from cold and dark all gauges and visuals run correctly.
The problem is the engine sound is the spool up sound and then it cuts out and the spool up sound starts again and keeps repeating.
Anyone had this problem and know of a fix.
Thanks for any suggestions
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 6:41pm
Turn OFF auto mixture in your sim, the name and version of which you don't mention.
Robau707 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robau707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:43pm
Thanks for the suggestion.
My sim is P3D v4, auto mixture is off and controlled through Saitek pro throttles.
The problem still persists unfortunately.
JohnBoy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 10:30am
Hi.
I to have the HS 748 and Saitek controllers. I originally flew DC3 and then the C46. So my controllers were set up for Propeller 1&2 Throttle 1&2 Mixture 1&2. Originally I had no problems with the 748 until I moved the mixture lever and my No 1 engine died in the climb. So now I have mixture and prop set to fully forward. You could of course delete joystick assignment for mixture and just assign throttles. I am using FSX tried PD3.4 Thinks did not work for me.
Happy landings
John Boy
Robau707 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robau707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 10:09pm
Has me stumped, the only aircraft that does this.
I know I can start up the default Baron then switch across to the HS, but that's not realistic simming.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic