This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > VC10 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Dynamic problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 3:19pm
Thanks buddy!!!
Regards-Omid
Omid View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 2:48pm
Just an update:

As you may know there is an on-going issue with the aircraft bouncing up and down violently on the tarmac which is discussed here:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32235&PID=214327&#214327

The solution provided to this problem by user Willykurtz using the .CFG file from version 1.2 seems to have corrected both the bouncing issue and the problem currently discussed in this topic.
This is after testing the aircraft with the provided .CFG file during several flights since my last post.
I have not yet compared the text from this file with the current CFG file to see what's exactly different but simply replacing it has apparently fixed the problem.
More feedback will be appreciated.

Regards-Omid
Christoph4445 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christoph4445 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 11:38pm
I'm sorry about continuing with this thread so late, but I've just bought the vc10 about a week ago.
This plane is a lot of fun. I love it.
However, I find the transition from clean to flaps 1 very difficult.
In fact, I've tried a Level flight at 3500 feet with flaps 1, 170 knots, 97000 gross weight. What I was surprised to see was a level flight with the nose down about 5 on the HSI. It's even worse with a higher speed (e.g. 190). Now I'm wondering if that is like the real thing. To my mind this looks really odd. What can I do about this?
Thanks for your patience.
Regards
Chris
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christoph4445 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 11:46pm
In this real video, the vc10 does a low pass along the runway. It is completely level at 0:38. I can't say how far the flaps have been deployed. I'll try this when I have the time.

https://youtu.be/I5S_C3kKMi0

Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 12:08am
All I can say is that the VC10 pilot who tested for us was happy with it and told me not to alter anything about the pitching (which makes it particularly frustrating that a number seems to have disappeared from the start of the pitch MOI, but I digress).

One area we spent a lot of time looking at was the pitching on the initial flap selection, as it causes an initial upwards pitch followed by a smaller downwards change. Apparently the RAF simulator never got this right - I've attempted to create something of the sort by using the timings of flap and slat extension (total of approximately 15 seconds), with the first 10 seconds (slat extension time) pitching up and then the final 5 seconds only the pitching downwards from the trailing edge flaps should be noticeable.

The flaps are incredibly powerful and are set well aft, the effect is much more dramatic at higher speeds. If you watch some of the circuit work (such as the final landing at Bruntingthorpe) you'll see a lot of 'nose down' in fairly level flight!

Cheers,
Paul.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 12:11am
Duplicate
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christoph4445 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 12:26am
I've tried a low pass:

98000 gross weight, full flaps, 120 knots: works great, the aircraft is level.
After that I climbed up to 3000 at 170 knots and flaps 1. When I levelled off, the HSI showed -5. So the problem zone is flaps 1
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christoph4445 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 12:38am
Thank you for the fast reply.
It is a great add-on and I can only thank you for your time and patience. Maybe your work with the super vc10 will bring a solution.
Cheers
Chris
THibben View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THibben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 11:07pm
I have been having the same problem with the trim drifting.  Lots of times I have just loaded the plane and nothing is turned on but the trim wheel starts to turn and will drive all the way to the end.  I uninstalled the plane because it was not usable.  I just installed it again to see if the problem is still there.
I am using FSX and have a high end system.

Tom
Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic