This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DHC-3 Otter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cockpit sound lost on switching views

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toonfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cockpit sound lost on switching views
    Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 5:28pm
I have a few problems with the Otter.

Biggest so far is that I lose sound when I switch back to the cockpit from an external view. Outside still sounds fine bur only a slight high-pitched whine in the cockpit. No engine noise at all.
When first loaded, all is well but disappears when I have a look from outside and then switch back inside.

Anyone else noticed this?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 12:12pm
Hi Trevor,

Do the sounds return if you press Q and then Q again (to mute and unmute the sounds)?

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Toonfan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toonfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 10:26pm
Hi Martyn,

Very interesting.
The first press of Q gets rid of the high-pitched hum. Total silence.
A second press restores the sound, which has thus far remained after several further changes of view.
Very odd.

Trevor.
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 7:16am
I had this problem with the C-46 the other day. I'm sure I've had it with other aircraft too, so I don't think it's specific to A.H. models. No idea why it happens.
whammo11224 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whammo11224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 3:12am
Same problem, very annoying and should've been caught before release!
Craig.Haskell View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Technical Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig.Haskell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:01pm
The issue with the sound when changing back to the cockpit view is an issue with the sim unfortunately.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic