This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DHC-3 Otter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some bugs or issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some bugs or issues
    Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:41am
1. Selecting flap using the flap lever produces no change to the visual flap indicator on the glareshield. 
2. Pumping the flap hydraulic lever makes the flaps retract. 
3. Selecting flap using keyboard commands produces change in flap indicator on glareshield but not on lever. 

4. The AH operates in roll mode only with no pitch information, indicates a permanent 20 degree pitch down attitude. The pitch attitude setting knob does not function and is not labelled.

5. Minor change in prop control produces oscillating motion in the pitch plane, up/down etc. 

Support ticket lodged this is for information of other users. 

Craig.Haskell View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Technical Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig.Haskell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:03pm
Hi Mike,

1. To use the flap lever you select the desired flap and then use the flap pressure circuit handle next to it to get the desired flaps

2. again same as above select the desire flap setting and the use the pump handle.

3. I have notified the developer of this issue.

Thanks 

Craig
WaltM View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:33pm
Greetings all
1. As mentioned above flap indicator on glare shield only reacting to key board inputs. Other than that flaps and controls work as advertised.

3. Any RPM reduction below 100% when throttle set at full results in oscillation.  Reduce throttle setting to 26-27 manifold pressure oscillation disappears when reducing RPM. Am finding 27 Man. and 2200 rpm and trimmed out provides smooth 120 mph cruise @ 4000 ft....at least in my case. I do think that the aircraft's reaction to RPM change is a little exaggerated,a bit like standing on the brake pedal of your car.

Landing gear controls in the Amphibian version: I believe this is FSX related but worth noting, When first loading in on water gear controls and gear position is correct but when loading into a dry land airport gear is down but controls are set to up requiring control reset prior to take off.

Overall I really like this airplane and expect to spend a lot of time with it.

Craig.Haskell View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Technical Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig.Haskell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:39pm
Thank you for your message.

Please email support@justlight.com with your queries.

Kind regards

Craig
Mike Hart View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 12:48pm
OK have the flap issue sorted. 
The AH seems to have fixed itself after a reload. 
The jerky throttle response has been fixed after applying the dynamic head movement changes suggested over at the SimOutHouse forums. 

I do think the overspeed jerking about should be removed. In real life the aircraft would not have started to jump about when the max speed for cruise was exceeded. I know it is an FSX thing but I have never flown an aeroplane that buffeted at the critical VNE speed, they just get overstressed and are likely to break but they do not behave any differently apart from stiff or heavy controls at high speeds. 

Thats it like this one a lot. 
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 5:38pm
It's a small thing but has anyone else noticed the pilots missing in the external view of some models? They show up before you're in flight but not while. Small thing and hardly noteworthy just thought I'd ask. Would agree the windows do look a bit hazy but I actually have a few that are worse. Overall I would to say this is a great plane and well worth it.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 9:43am
Does that issue only affect certain variants? The pilots should only disappear when the secure aircraft switch is used.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 2:13pm
I've only noticed it on certain variants. I'll do some more checking on my end to make sure. One I'll make sure I hadn't hit the switch by mistake. I'll let you know after I've checked them out later. Over all I love the airplane.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:35pm
Just got back to this. The wheeled version, the Alexair paint the pilot does not show up for me. Haven't tried the others yet but that one for sure. Maybe I am doing something I shouldn't but I don't think so. Also gettimg overspeed messages when I am definitely not overspeeding. Just thought I would pass it along.
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 9:16pm
If you are referring to the Alexandair, there are a couple more issues I reported early on.

Take a close look at the interior lighting switch, and you will note there are two switches on top of each other.

Also, if you turn around from the VC you will note the motor bike in the rear of the plane. Now open the rear doors and look inside from an exterior view and the bike is gone.

So more specifically there are some issues with the wheeled model with the modern cockpit layout.

And one more thing. I had to adjust the size of the GPS for all the models. The original settings consumed half my wide angle screen and was quite ugly. All better now.

Still waiting for the SP to see if these things are corrected.

Cheers

--WH
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 11:40pm
What size did you set the gps to?
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 2:04am
[Window00]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=456,378
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=8
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL
window_size= 0.370, 0.320
window_pos= 0.620, 0.020

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,456,378

--WH
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 3:04am
Thank you sir!
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 10:00am
The Otter SP should be available within the next couple of days and will address the issues mentioned in this thread, as well as adding Flight1 GTN integration for the modern cockpit.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 3:06pm
Sounds great. Although the issues aren't many, at least for me. Glass haziness probably the top. Look forward to it though.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 3:21pm
Update looks good can't wait to try it out!
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 7:55pm
Update is very nice. Everything is seeming to work as required. For the record however the missing pilot was kind of my fault. If you use the cold and dark switch to set the airplane remember to set it back off. Otherwise the pilot stays absent in flight. I just misunderstood how it worked. Great plane I love it!
simondix View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simondix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 9:57am
Still getting the problems when altering prop pitch although not as extreme.  I did try the work around with the dynamic head movement but it set off another problem generally with the sim so had to revert back.  Apart from that everything else OK.  Thanks for a nice aircraft.

Simon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic