This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C-46 Commando
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V1.03 List of faults

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V1.03 List of faults
    Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 5:34pm
I sent the following list of errors to support. The list is valid for the C46 v1.03 P3d V4

General items covering both civil and mil cockpits:

1G. Using the cold and dark switch, both the magnetos, generators and the master ignition are still left on.

2G. Moving the magneto switches is very hard using the mouse. They have a tendency to jump too fast between ”off” and ”both”.

3G. Doing the runup check carbheat control no.1 seems to affect both engines and carbheat no. 2 has no effect.

4G. Supercharger (SC) has no effect during runup test (no drop of 1-2" mp when reducing from high to low). Dragging the SC handle no1 to high with the mouse control, gives ”war emergency pwr (disabled)” warning. No effect on handle no. 2.

5G. Doing the power check as described in manual. At 70f i reach 39” at 2400 rpm max. Needs around 43" to reach 2500rpm.

6G. In the fuel and load panel the rear tanks are named ”external 1+2” instead of rear.

7G. Climbout performance seems very low. Aircraft @14.6 ton t/o mass, Gear up, Cowls closed, flaps up, 35" 2300 rpm, speed around 100 mph ias gives level flight only.

8G. Level flight for same aircraft @ 500' 54" 2700 rpm i can only reach 168 mph(148 kias) max

9G. When not using the cold and dark setting the fuel selectors have a mismatch between the acutual tanks being used. The default position is center but fuel is drawn from rear (called external 1+2 in the payload screen) moving the selectors gets them back in sync.

10G. Crossfeed control not working.

11G. Switching on the fuel pumps uses fuel from the tanks even if the engine is switched off

Civilian cockpit only:

1C. "Dome light" and "beacon light" switched around. Tooltip for beacon says "Instrument panel light" tooltip for domelight says beacon. The tooltips are correct in as much as the outside beacon lights up using the dome light switch.

2C. Cold dark start selecter named ”battery selector” in daytime.

3C. Loading the aircraft at nighttime. If you first switch on the general cabin lights (The control on the right next to the secure aircraft switch) and then switch on the instrument panel lights (mistakenly called beacon as noted before) you'll get a mixup of 2 different overheadpanel textures.

4C. Also at nighttime. On the GPS there seems to be some problems with the left green backlight button flickering and also the top and right sidferame of the gps screen is flickering.

5C. The OBS rotary selectors are still faulty. The OBS selector for nav 2 changes the selected radial but the instrument itself seems to be tied to nav 1. Ie. All the instruments are tied to nav1.

6C. Co-pilot ADI Wrong texture on top neddle (looks like the texture is taken from the kollsman window instead of a white texture)

7C. Descending @ 10000’ i get an overspeed warning when the asi needle reaches 220 mph (194kias)

Military cockpit only:

1M. Wing light is now a 3 position switch showing an ”off” label at the bottom position. The tooltip goes from ”dim” to ”off” to ”nav” with both ”dim” and ”off” positions giving no light.

2M. Tail light is now a 3 position switch showing an ”off” label at the bottom position. The tooltip goes from ”dim” to ”off” to ”bright” with both ”dim” and ”off” positions giving no light.

Finally i note that in the list of items fixed by sp1 the following 2 items seemingly were not fixed after all:

Cold & dark switch labels added to overhead pane

Instrument/beacon light switch labels - fixed

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 1:39pm
Thanks for reporting these to the support team. As this isn't a support forum I will leave them to investigate each of the points and get back to you via the support ticket.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
JayF11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayF11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 5:58am
Tailwheel lock is no longer working and tailwheel is always locked.
fcmusician View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fcmusician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 12:31am
Thank you Stormrider!
mnowinski View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnowinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 8:58am
Unless I am not doing something right, when I try to cycle through the FPL waypoints to select another waypoint in the list, the "Change Page Groups/Move Cursor " button will not select the first waypoint, thus making it impossible to select a new one.

I select the Center knob button first, but nothing happens.

Thanks
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic