This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic360 update from Traffic X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic360 update from Traffic X
    Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 2:53pm
Hallo there I have tried updating Traffic X (boxed, which I had in FSX) with Traffic 360 in SFSX but not showing any AI in flights  Can someone show me the titles of the files which should be showing and locations please?
Also the file in scenery/world/scenery ai-traffic.bgl  I think is the SFSX standard file is this left as it is ?

Windows 10,  SteamFSX.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 8:09am
Firstly, and you may have realised this, Traffic 360 was NOT an UPDATE to Traffic X. It was a new program that was Traffic X updated to a supposedly improved version. It was designed to be installed as Traffic 360 in its own right and in its own location within FSX (or whatever).

I guess that, if you inspect your system, your Traffic X will have remained unmodified and you have a new Traffic 360 installation as well. Do you still have the TrafficX.bgl file, or whatever compiled BGL(s) you have created from Traffic X, as well as the new Traffic 360 ai-traffic.bgl in the /scenery folder?

I do not have Steam so I am sorry to say that I specifically cannot help you with what folders and files should or should not exist on your system. I can only suggest that you could UNINSTALL both your Traffic X and Traffic 360, using the recommended procedures, and then re-install Traffic 360 as a new installation and see what happens.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:36am
Confusion can be caused because Just Flight's web page says this: "Traffic 360 - Upgrade from Traffic X".  What this actually means is this ... if you click on this web page to purchase your copy of Traffic 360, the version that you will be getting requires you to have an existing copy of the Traffic X DVD available, or, at a minimum, your Traffic X product key.

But, what they don't mention on this web page is that you need to make sure that Traffic X and any other PlusPaks are uninstalled prior to installing Traffic 360. Traffic 360 includes the PlusPak content, so you don't lose out on anything.

Based on this, I would have to agree with Ray ...

Before you installed Traffic 360, if you didn't first uninstall Traffic X, using the recommended procedures, then you should now uninstall both.  And then, once both have been removed, you can (re)install Traffic 360 again.

However, despite this, I would suggest that if you do happen to have both installed, you would likely see duplicated AI planes, or at least "double" the number of planes you would normally expect to see.  That would be because both of the traffic files, TrafficX.bgl and Traffic360.bgl, if they are both there in your scenery/world/scenery folder, should be loading when you start the sim.

Then again, if you do have both programs installed, who knows what "conflicts" that may be causing ... possibly resulting in no AI planes being seen.

The best course of action, to be sure, would be to do as suggested ... uninstall both, using the recommended procedures, and then (re)install Traffic 360.

As for what files you should be seeing, and where, I am similar to Ray.  I run FSX, not SFSX.  And, also, I do not have Traffic 360.  So I am no help to you in that regard.

tucanto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:25pm
Thanks for your comments, my SFSX was a new install on a new computer (no FSX installed)
I had reinstalled Traffic X with the 360 update with no luck,  I have contacted J.F. support and
they have kindly given me a straight Traffic 360 download to install rather than the update.
But still traffic is very slight even with traffic sliders up to 90%? May be I will have to wait until the new Global Traffic is ready ?

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 4:54pm
Tucanto,

is your AI file "ai-traffic.bgl" still the default one i.e. 17/03/2013 14:46 102,328Kb ?

This is the file that I have on my system.

If you go back thru this forum, several people have commented about the low-traffic that they get. It might be worth you reading back thru this forum to see what has been suggested.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
tucanto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 10:29am
Thanks , all is now well, I checked the Traffic360.blg again and now AI showing as it should. 

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 12:12am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic