This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TB10 GTN 650/750 Model Backlighting Inoperative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TB10 GTN 650/750 Model Backlighting Inoperative

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TB10 GTN 650/750 Model Backlighting Inoperative
    Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 6:23pm
I purchased the TB 10/20 during the mix and pick sale and I'm having multiple issues with this aircraft, it certainly is not up to the same standard as the Piper Arrow/Warrior pack(s) which are absolutely amazing.

Problem 1: After using the model switcher to use the TB-10 with the F1 GTN 650/750, neither of the GTN units are "back lit", meaning there is zero brightness making them completely useless during the day and not even bright enough at night. *HOWEVER* the TB-20 units have proper back lighting. Obviously the model lighting switch on the TB-20 was done correctly but not on the TB-10.

Problem 2: The TCAS Weather unit was one of the major reasons I purchased this product. However, using the API link with Active Sky 2016, my fixed frame-rate of 33 becomes 12 when either TCAS or weather is selected. Another gauge that's completely unusable.

Problem 3: With everything turned down in P3D v3.4 (latest version) something is causing a bigger performance hit than the PMDG 737 with this aircraft. The performance overall is absolutely *ABYSMAL*. I was really looking forward to this aircraft as with all my past purchases from you guys have been fantastic.

System: Windows 7 64
CPU: i7 7700 @ 4.8Ghz
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080
Memory: 32GB

I also sent a support request via the main JF support channels.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 7:23pm
Hi Andrew,

The support team will get back to you via the support ticket as these will require further investigation.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Jocko Flocko View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:46pm
I fixed the GTN 650/750 back lighting issue by copying the "F1GTN.ini" from the "JF_Socata_TB20" folder in the SimObjects directory to the "JF_Socata_TB10" folder.

I'm working on the other issues as there's no reason this plane should be consuming the amount of resources it does without some kind of "special" systems coding or scripting hook.

-Andrew
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 9:06pm
Still have yet to receive any support regarding this aircraft. It's basically useless to me right now and I might as well un-install it. :(
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 9:09pm
Wish I had gone with my instincts and purchased the Hawk Trainer as my fourth aircraft in the 'pick and mix'.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:31am
Hi Andrew,

I've asked the support team to cancel your TB10/TB20 purchase and swap it for the Hawk T1.

They'll be in touch shortly.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Craig.Haskell View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Technical Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Craig.Haskell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 2:47pm
Hi Andrew,

I have now removed the TB10 & TB20 in your account and have replaced this now with a copy of the Hawk.

Please log into your account and download in the usual way.

Kind regards

Craig
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 6:58pm
Thank you so much Craig, very happy. Loving the current Milviz sale, time to hit the credit card again. ;)
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 7:08pm
I can't find an edit button for some odd reason, probably a Firefox thing, but I just wanted to mention how excellent your business practice is and the quality of the installers that used with Just Flight in-house products. It makes removing and installing your addons very easy and aren't destructive to either my FSX and/or P3D installations. I won't mention company names, but some create installers that so destructive that they end up taking ownership of external P3D file directories on the Programdata Windows drive. This wreaks havoc with the P3D config files...

Thanks again
Cheers.

:) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic