This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arrow III Mixture Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PieterFriendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arrow III Mixture Control
    Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 11:23pm
I just purchased the new Arrow III and noticed a problem with the mixture control. It doesn't work. Moving the mixture control on the yoke is animated on the screen for the full range of motion but doesn't do anything. The proper way to shut down the engine when ready is to turn off the avionics and then pull the mixture control to kill the engine. I have tried this in P3DV4 and FSX Acceleration and it does not work in either. Anyone else having this problem? How to fix? Thank you for your input.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 1:49am
I think it is likely that you are not clicking the lever on the mixture control which allows you to bring it back through the gate - bring the lever as far back as you can and then click on the base of the mixture control, you should see the small lever behind move and then you can pull it further back.
PieterFriendo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PieterFriendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 8:56pm
Thank you very much. I did not see this feature before and have not seen it on other aircraft. Good idea to protect you from accidentally knocking the mixture off when you really don't want to. It is working just as you say.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:09am
FYI you can quickly select the fully lean/cutoff position using the Ctrl+F1 key assignment. That automatically depresses the mixture lock.

Interestingly the mixture lock appears to be fitted to only some of the Arrow aircraft, including our research aircraft. Presumably it was fitted due to pilots mistakenly moving the mixture lever instead of the prop lever.

Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
theohall View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theohall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:13pm
While Ctrl-F1 and/or unlocking the mixture lever to shut down the engine works, beyond that the Mixture setting seems to be doing absolutely nothing during flight.

@6000 ft, Fuel flow @ 8.5 gph using throttle, RPM 2200, EGT gauge doesn't move

Nothing changes when the mixture lever is at 100%, 75%, 48% (lowest setting with lock in place)

Shouldn't changing the mixture change something?

https://youtu.be/yU2LaYp2H1Y

This is FSW version.  Leaning the mixture works correctly in all of the base FSW planes.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:31pm
That is odd, because if you fly the aircraft in either FSX or P3D, leaning the mixture gives you both egt and ff change. Therefore, it must be something to do with how FSW handles mixture - I'll have a look and see if I can work out what's going on.
theohall View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theohall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:58pm
My apologies.  Thanks for the quick reply, but my realism settings reset at some point and I hadn't verified it....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic