This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arrow III landing lights issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deskpilot65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arrow III landing lights issue
    Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 2:39pm
I have the Arrow III, FSX-SE, and DX10 fixer.

The landing lights do not illuminate the ground when the aircraft is on the ground. So, taxiing in the dark is painful. Once the aircraft leaves the ground, the lights illuminate the ground. If the aircraft bounces while taxiing on rough ground, the landing lights briefly illuminate the ground whenever the aircraft bounces.

Does anyone else have this issue? I don't know if the DX10 fixer might be involved or how to fix it.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 8:10am
Hi Mike,

It sounds like the custom landing light effect isn't working correctly. It's not a problem that I've encountered before so can you submit a support ticket via the website so we can look into this further?

The DX10 fixer might have some significance as we don't use that here when developing products.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
deskpilot65 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deskpilot65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 8:14pm
hi Martyn,

The landing light works fine with DX9 but doesn't work with the DX10 fixer, at least not for me. I was able to get something to appear by changing the landing light effect from the JF one to one from another aircraft.

since you don't develop with DX10, there's no reason to ask you to fix it. You won't be able to reproduce it. I'll fiddle with it until I get something workable.

Edit (9/19): upgrading to the latest dx10 fixer fixes the problem

BR,
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic