This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arrow III & IV Avionics Master

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arrow III & IV Avionics Master
    Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 10:52am
Just purchased this rather wonderful plane however, is there a master avionics switch? If so can someone please tell me where this is actually located. Secondly I do have the Flight1 GTN 750 yet I'm unable to activate this for some reason. I go to addons in the P3D V4 menu but the 750 is not there. Any suggestions here?

Thanks in advance

Matt Dilosa
b1bmsgt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1bmsgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 12:05pm
"Secondly I do have the Flight1 GTN 750 yet I'm unable to activate this for some reason. I go to addons in the P3D V4 menu but the 750 is not there. Any suggestions here?"

I believe you have to use the Model Switcher app that comes with the aircraft to change the cockpit configuration to GTN650/750 to get it to show up in the addon tab.

Russ

Master Sergeant, USAF, Retired
Former T-33A Crew Chief
Former B-1B Crew Chief/Maintenance Expediter
Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 12:17pm
Hi Matt,

Russ is correct ref the GTN.

The Arrow III/IV doesn't have an avionics master switch - it is based on the real-life G-BGKU and that didn't have one. The avionics power is controlled by the battery/alternator master switches and instrument panel circuit breaker. 

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
mattdee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 1:47pm
Thank you Russ and thank you Martyn. I thought as much re the avionics switch however, I thought I could access the GTN 750 while inside the sim but tonight have since discovered it to be a desk top application.

But I have one other question if you'll excuse my ignorance. I believe I'm running all the pre flight checks etc but I'm losing power when I climb to 4,000 + feet? I'm quite puzzled by this. Your learned advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Matthew
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 2:24pm
Sounds to me like you're in the Turbo Arrow and overboosting - there's an entire thread on this somewhere in the forum but basically you MUST use your engine instruments on take-off, do not firewall the throttle and do not ignore the overboost warning light at the top of the instrument panel!

Cheers,
Paul.
b1bmsgt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1bmsgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 3:24pm
"I thought I could access the GTN 750 while inside the sim"

In P3Dv4, if you go to 'Vehicle - Instrument Panel' on the menu bar, you can always bring the GTN up as a separate window, whether it shows on your panel or not. That's how I always use it.

Russ
Master Sergeant, USAF, Retired
Former T-33A Crew Chief
Former B-1B Crew Chief/Maintenance Expediter
Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector
mattdee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 10:53pm
Thanks a bunch Russ, your advice is much appreciated. I guess I got a little to eager to fly this thing and should have read the POH :-)

Regards

Matthew
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic