This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C-46 Commando
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedC-46 fuel mess

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Topic: C-46 fuel mess
    Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 2:05am
After many flights with this plane I've made a discovery. The fuel gauges in the cockpit are messed up. If you set the plane to the front tanks it draws from the rear. According to the gauge. If you set the plane to the center you actually get fuel from the center tanks. If you set the plane to the rear tanks it draws from the rear. Meaning that it never draws fuel from the front tanks no matter the setting. I've had this happen on every flight since I started keeping track. So it's at least consistent. I find it hard to believe that this wouldn't have been caught if it had been tested. Between that and the nav radio mess up it's pretty unusable in its current condition. I don't like the gps in the thing at all but that's just me. I've decided it unfortunately needs to be retired until a patch addressing some of these issues comes out. The fuel is the biggest mess in my opinion. It leaves over 2000 lbs. of fuel unusable on the plane. I have many Aeroplane Heaven addons but this will be my last. Hate they are the ones doing the new otter. I wanted it but afraid not. I hope they fix all this very soon. I don't want my money back, I want it fixed.
thefrog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 10:36am
Have you submitted a support ticket? Just Flight are very responsive to this. No doubt there is a patch coming out soon addressing all the issues.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 2:10pm
Yes I submitted a support ticket. All I got was uninstall and reinstall. I'm sure there will be a patch but it could have been caught if it had been tested even a little.
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:01pm
Seems that the standard response has been "uninstall/reinstall" on anything reported to JF on a support ticket. I got the same response when I first reported the Com1/Nav1 issue with the military panel.

--WH
KasperH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 7:21am
I can confirm the fuel tank issue. I will add it to my ongoing conversation with JF support. In my experience they are more responsive than seems to be the case with you.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by WarHorse47 WarHorse47 wrote:

Seems that the standard response has been "uninstall/reinstall" on anything reported to JF on a support ticket. I got the same response when I first reported the Com1/Nav1 issue with the military panel.

--WH

Definitely not the case.

Anything reported that's not been fixed using simple methods has been logged and will be manged with the developer and where possible fixed in the upcoming service pack.  Martyn who deals with the majority of this work has been away on holiday this week. He returns on Monday and this will be amongst his priority tasks.

And as for testing, the product has been tested using groups of testers, this and a few other issues with the C-46 have obviously not been picked up on.  We will endeavour to get these issues sorted out with the developer.

Thanks for your patience.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 2:24pm
@KasperH I hate your having the fuel issues but it's good to hear someone else is having the same problem. At least I know it's not something I'm doing wrong. Yes JF's support is much more responsive than most.

@voice of reason If what you say is true about extensive testing I would be questioning the talent of my testers. Not to mean to be impolite but myself and others have had the plane only a very short while. It took almost no flying to realise the fuel problem. Did they not try to set the nav/ com radios at all? Surely you see my point and why I question it? You are a voice of reason. Love the plane but feel very let down. Time will tell. 😉
CW46 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 9:07pm
I have to agree that some of these issues were painfully obvious at the get go. Hopefully there will be a positive response from the developer to resolve them. It might help if comparisons are made using different sim and windows versions like FSX, or P3D and see if a problem is unique to a specific version or OS.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 9:44pm
I'll jump in there first. FSX boxed Gold. Win7 home premium. If that helps I'm all for it!
Bazzarius View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Aeroplane Heaven

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:41am
The tanks function correctly.

In the CFG, they are as follows:

LEFT MAIN = FRONT LEFT ENGINE
RIGHT MAIN = FRONT RIGHT ENGINE
CENTER 1 = CENTER LEFT ENGINE
CENTER 2= CENTER RIGHT ENGINE
LEFT AUX = REAR LEFT ENGINE
RIGHT AUX = REAR RIGHT ENGINE

Firstly, If you are starting from cold dark, you cannot start an engine if its fuel selector is off. Try it.
Secondly, try running no fuel in front tank (left main in the fuel drop down) start with a full center tank (center1) and then, with left engine running, move the left fuel wheel (Yellow) to front. Engine cuts doesn't it. Meaning front tank does feed the engine. Prove this by filling the front tank and restarting the engine. Engine starts doesn't it. Run the engine and watch the fuel quantity drop in the fuel drop-down menu.

I can only conclude that you have started using Cntrl/E and are trying from there to set up tanks. You won't because Cntrl/E ALWAYS starts engines with ALL tanks selected. And that is the same for ALL aircraft irrespective of origin.

Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:56am
No I do not start using control+ e ever, thank you.I start from a cold and dark always. I have made many test flights and tried setting the tanks to the front and no fuel is used. I'm ever so happy that it works for you but it doesn't for me. I'm not the only one reporting this issue so the fault is likely not in what I'm doing. Wish it was. Seems you made the mistake of assuming too many things here. My issues were discovered through trial and error. Over and again. I made sure it was an issue before ever reporting it and others have recreated it as well. So you concluded wrong. Happy for you and wish you were correct but your not. If you can't help it does nothing to be condescending. 😉
Bazzarius View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Aeroplane Heaven

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:14am
Nobody is being condescending and I am trying to help. The front tanks will not empty until the center and rear tanks are emptied. This was as a result of people asking for that kind of fuel flow setup. We will look at revising the fuel flow arrangement and see if that can change things. How's that?

Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:05am
Well I called that one right! You are with aeroplane heaven. Why didn't you simply state that's the way the fuel flow worked to start with? That would have been more helpful at least. However it means that looking at the fuel situation on my end I was correct just misinformed. And how was I to know that anybody asked for it to be that way? You just sealed the deal. No more aeroplane heaven planes for me either way. Regrettably I own and like some of them but it will be no new ones at least. Look at your post from my stand point. Would you have thought it helpful or condescending? Be honest. It wasn't exactly the most diplomatic response now was it? To point out you weren't having the issue. I'm certainly okay with that. The rest I'll let you sort out. If you had stepped in and explained that's the way it worked I might have been thanking you instead. If you had read the posts above yours you would have realized at least one other was having the issue and might have concluded at the very least that the fuel system was misleading. However you didn't explain or do that. Comment if you like but that's all I have to say and it will be wasted on me at least.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 3:43pm
Best not to get too personal about these things. The update will be ready soon and can be discussed on the other thread. 

Thanks
Martyn 
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic