This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > C-46 Commando
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNav radios on Commando?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 3:18pm
I am going to ask for a refund and look back in six months or so if they ever get it fixed and figured out. No excuse for this. I sure wish PMDG would take a crack at this one.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 4:16pm
I think letting it out the door with this many issues was totally unacceptable. It would be nice if a nother developer got ahold of it. Just flight is better than this though. This is another Aeroplane Heaven mess. I was so looking forward to this plane but have since just shelved it because of the issues. The real issue for me is that we have heard next to nothing about a service pack date. Lack of communication causes these issues. If it's really taking this long then they are silenty admitting it is a buggy mess. Like it or not.
Daniel_Prates View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 1:15pm
My thoughts exactly. How can these planes be released with such important things left undone? It's as serious as a retractable gear not retracting - a sloppy, unforgivable careless attitude towards a paid product.

I made similar complaints in the DC-6, the plane that disappointed me the most. No supercharges, really? So I am supposed to fly it only as high as 12k ft? What bothers me the most is that those complaints are made by a couple of people and other posters defend the product.

Maybe we should take those half-done planes and post, in each forum, a "WARNING: DON'T BUY" thread.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 9:40am
We expect the developer to supply a service pack for the C-46 next week addressing all of the issues that have been reported since release. Unfortunately we're limited in the information that we can provide as this is being developed by Aeroplane Heaven rather than Just Flight but they are working hard on this.

Quote How can these planes be released with such important things left undone? It's as serious as a retractable gear not retracting 

We're not aware of any issue which causes the C-46 gear not to retract, and we obviously wouldn't have released the product if we had encountered such an issue, so please report that to the support team if you haven't done so already.

The C-46 was tested by a team of nearly 20 people over a period of a few months, however we are currently implementing changes to the way that this range of aircraft are tested.

Please note that as with all of our products, you can request a refund or exchange if you're not happy. We have no desire to create frustration, so get in contact with the support team and they can arrange that for you.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Daniel_Prates View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 12:44pm
Martyn,

Should you need me to interpret that for you, the 'retractable gear' comment was a hipotecital example as to a kind of outreageously sloppy feature, to which much of this commando product can be compared to. I am sure that was quite obvious. The nav radios issue is an actual example though and throughout this forum others can be found, such as the inverted fuel tanks, the autopilot issues and so on.

It is enlightening to see that a developer has nothing better to say other than 'if you don't like it, ask for a refund'. This hands-washing is just the kind of response I am getting accostumed to see in this forum, regarding other products as well. Should I take this as you don't really thinking that costumers deserve finished products for their money? Or that an incomplete product deserves praise, on account of whatever pains the development team went through?

This kind of thing has to be spoken out loud. New customers deserve to read the forums, prior to buying the product, to know that what they are buying is half-done and that the developers are going to complain about the costumers who complain. Maybe that will prompt them to seek out other products elsewhere.

What I wanted to hear was: complaints acknowledged, a service pack will adress all of that.

That the devs are unwilling to say it, it should be noted by future buyers.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 1:58pm
Hi Daniel,

Did you read the first part of my reply?

Quote We expect the developer to supply a service pack for the C-46 next week addressing all of the issues that have been reported since release. Unfortunately we're limited in the information that we can provide as this is being developed by Aeroplane Heaven rather than Just Flight but they are working hard on this.

The offer of a refund/exchange was for those customers who'd prefer that option and has no bearing on the availability of the service pack, which is coming as I explained at the start of my reply.

Quote Should you need me to interpret that for you

Apologies, I misread the sentence, but thanks for the interpretation.

Quote What I wanted to hear was: complaints acknowledged, a service pack will adress all of that. 

The bugs have been acknowledged, noted and reported to the developer as per my colleagues reply earlier and mine above, and I have confirmed that a service pack is inbound.

I appreciate your frustration with the product but your accusations of 'hands-washing' and thinking our customers don't deserve finished products for their money are simply incorrect and very far from the truth, and demonstrate that this thread has gone well beyond discussing the product (good points and bad) and the reporting of bugs. 

I've locked this thread but everyone is of course welcome to discuss the product (and any bugs) in another thread, however please note that this is not a support forum (made clear in the forum rules/sticky) and therefore rather than getting frustrated at a lack of reply here, please contact our full time support team via the proper channels - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

If you'd like to discuss our attitude towards customers/products further then please send me an email - martyn [at ] justflight . com

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic