This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aircraft CFGs and CfgGenHD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sully0808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aircraft CFGs and CfgGenHD
    Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 2:02pm
Hello,

I searched the forums and did not see this topic covered and I could not find the info in the manuals.

Could someone explain the multiple aricraft.cfg files (LORES, HD, old, STD) and how they are selected and/or activated?

Also, what is the function of the CfgGenHD2 application?
Thanks,
Kevin
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 4:02pm
Hi Kevin,

Those additional files are used by the performance configuration tool to swap between full and lower resolution textures etc. From memory they were included as some people experienced FPS issues, but that was back in 2013-2014 and the issue was partially caused by a gauge issue which has been subsequently fixed, so you can probably ignore that feature.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Compnor View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Compnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 3:36am
I use FSX Steam Edition and have found that the textures exclude the Airline markings. Is there a fix for this?
Raif537 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raif537 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 7:20pm
I've got the same problem...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic