This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > One-Eleven 300/400/500
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glass window bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmagnumwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glass window bug
    Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 2:25am
As I'm finally finishing the repaint, the last few details regarding the bump map. I was trying to fix the lack of window reflections and found out why I couoldn't. 

The file BACGLASS_T.dds is not being applied to the windows at aft section of the plane. You can see the highlighted areas where it is applied in red. 

Also, can you guys make the service door on the right side,and the aft baggage door open? 

windows
Bazzarius View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Aeroplane Heaven

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bazzarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 2:06am
The windows on this model are alpha cut. I would suggest that you might have made the alpha in the diffuse texture too dark, rendering the windows transparent. The window shaoes in the alpha channel need to be a light to medium grey. Also, the spec texture alpha sets the reflectivity. You need to mindful of this too.

The "glass"geometry runs right along the model sides from front to back. Check the "stock" liveries for a guide and also in the sim. You will see that the windows are there.
drmagnumwolf View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmagnumwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Bazzarius Bazzarius wrote:

The windows on this model are alpha cut. I would suggest that you might have made the alpha in the diffuse texture too dark, rendering the windows transparent. The window shaoes in the alpha channel need to be a light to medium grey. Also, the spec texture alpha sets the reflectivity. You need to mindful of this too.

The "glass"geometry runs right along the model sides from front to back. Check the "stock" liveries for a guide and also in the sim. You will see that the windows are there.

yeah, I noticed it is in the sim. Should have tested it and noticed it before, but the texture shown there is only present in that area. Did it make a difference while inside the sim? No clue, haha! 

But anyway, after nearly 3 days trying, Avsim finally fixed the uploading problem, so I just submitted the finished livery. Waiting approval Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic