This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hunter FGA9 braking chute question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennkiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hunter FGA9 braking chute question
    Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 6:13pm
Is it possible to assign a keyboard command to deploy the braking parachute in the Hunter FGA9 so it could be programmed as a switch? It's not very easy to move the cursor and then click on the chute handle with a mouse during the post-landing phase. If I could just click a switch on my Saitek controller or GoFlight module it would be a much more realistic and enjoyable experience...

Thanks for a wonderful product. During my flight training in the 60's, our Chief Instructor had flown Hunters in the RAF and regarded flying it as something close to heaven!! I have found it to be a highly immersive and enjoyable flight sim product and it is one I use frequently. Bravo to the team who produced it!
Cheers
Ian
pennkiwi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennkiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 12:37am
Like my question about the Devon, I guess no answer means the answer is no....
pennkiwi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennkiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 6:34am
Well, here it is the end of August and still no response to what I thought was a courteous and reasonable question. In the past I've found Just Flight support to be responsive and helpful - this is disappointing. If it can't be done, OK, but at least have the courtesy to say so
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 1:05pm
Courteous and reasonable maybe, but insufficent and terse beyond the ability of even a psychic to answer.

Perhaps you might rethink what information YOU need to supply to enable anyone to help you?

The aircraft is sold for FSX and P3D, we need to know what hardware you've got and what you want to map it to - `Saitek controller` is simply not specific enough. 
We also need to know if you have the registered version of FSUIPC.  

Everything is programmable if you have the hardware, software and the skills. 

So the answer to your question is: Yes.
pennkiwi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennkiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:51pm
FSX-SE

FSUIPC Registered version - yes

Saitek X55 using the common interface that works with all Saitek controllers

Ability to ignore unnecessary sarcasm and arrogance - no
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 9:19pm
Well that's unfortunate, as armed with that information I might have helped...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic