This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

traffic 360

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian hale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: traffic 360
    Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 2:50pm
Can anyone advise the best setting for Traffic 360 and FSX to get realistic static aircraft for Aerosft airports without getting "Go Around" instructions all the time.At the moment Palma in Majorca on a busy summer Saturday has about 10 aircraft!!.Does the position in the scenery file have any bearing?UK 2000 products are fantastic,it just seems Aerosft are the worse.

Ian
fender
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:21pm
Need a load more info.
I assume you mean AI traffic sitting at an airport waiting for their departures?
You are getting plenty of AI coming on Approaches but, due to congestion, you are getting 'go-arounds'?
I cannot see why one set of sceneries are going to be better or worse than any other in terms of what AI traffic you see.
What Traffic 360 AI BGL are you using - the default supplied one?
I use Traffic X and with my FSX airline traffic density set to 65% I get a good quantity of AI traffic at most airports and airfields.
UK2000 airfields, when installed, also install a 'local AI' BGL so you are mostly guaranteed to get at least some AI at every airfield installed (the percentage levels in these AI bgls is set to very low if memory serves me correctly).
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 12:25am
I concur with Ray. You say you see 10 aircraft, yet you are experiencing go-arounds (which implies there's LOTS of aircraft). More information is needed to clarify what you are seeing and experiencing.

As well as answering Ray's questions, are you also able to provide one or more screenshots?

ian hale View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian hale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 3:54pm
I am using Traffic 360 download,presumably the latest version and my settings are :- On FSX airline traffic density 53%,Gen aviation traffic density 53% and on Traffic 360 the setting are
Traffic movements VFR and summer 2007.2011 2012 and on traffic generator I select "ALL".Anything above 56% on FSX gets too much incoming traffic hence Go around!I do get some static aircraft ( except Aerosft'S Menorca where what ever the settings there are no static aircraft.)Perhaps I am expecting too much realism and also co0mpring Aerosoft with UK2000.But very gratefull for you reply and anything else you may think of to improve things will be gratefully received.

Ian.
fender
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:15am
Ian,

I am not sure that I would 'use' the 3 'summer' sets of schedules at the same time as this may result in loads of similar traffic at airports. Way back I worked out which combination of schedule sets were used to create the default AI BGL that came when T360 got installed - I think it was one of the Winter, plus one of the Summer, plus the VFR, plus the Military. Your selection will probably result in the multiplicity of aircraft you get approaching- which means you would get the go-arounds you report.
I use Aerosoft Balearics X with my Traffic X and do not get this effect.
I have no explanation for the lack of aircraft on the ground at Palma.

Can you try a smaller set of schedules to produce the AI BGL and you will probably find you can raise the FSX airline density to a higher level which may give you more aircraft on the ground.

Sorry I cannot be more specific as, as you can see, I do not use Traffic 360 (but did acquire it).
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic