This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taking the Type Rating Test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taking the Type Rating Test
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 6:16am
I have failed twice now on the test with 2 bad landings, one was on the last minute the aircraft did a slight bounce, the second AH said it was bumpy, but I passed on everything else.

One of the problems is my base airport, on one approach there is an industial site with tall chimneys they are directly in the path, the approach from the other side you have to follow a hill down to get to the runway, again a bit tricky.

I've done it lots of times but I think becuase there is a lot at stake I'm trying too hard, my question is can I select another airport to take the test?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 8:28am
You could get an AI pilot to move the aircraft, then do the test from where it is currently.

Either that or open another base, buy another aircraft and do the TR test from there.

Or, you could start a different company with the same aircraft, at a different base, and fly the TR.  As TRs are global across all companies, next time you go into the original company you'll have the type rating.

Please use the AH2 forums at ea.justflight.com for AH2 queries.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:20pm
Thanks Slopey, I just tried to post in the AH2 section but it is locked by an administrator.

My next question:
What files do I port over from AH to AH2, I tried it earlier but it didn't seem as though it hadn't got everything, I got an error popup?

Col.
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:34pm
Igonre above I was posting on this forum not the one you mentioned.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic