This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Hauler Expansion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Hauler Expansion
    Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 12:47pm
I have the AH Expansion for FSX, I used it first in FS2004 but I recently switched to FSX on a new PC, I started from fresh and now I'm using FSX as my flight sim, my disck cover is the pale blue/white cover with just 'Air Hauler' wording, I have seen videos on YouTube where they show the 'Air Hauler 2' cover.
I read on here somewhere I can upgrade or something if I have the original AH which I have, is there a link I can go to and download any upgrade or shall I just carry on with this, I mean it still works but I am sure there are added benifits by upgrading?

Any help appreciated thank you.

Col.
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 1:01pm
My ignorance sorry, I just Googled and found the update, it said Service Pack 2, I had to insert my disk for it to work, anyway it updated so I'm off to try it out.
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 2:42pm
Sorry to be a pain, this was not happening till I installed the update, after loading the cargo I'm on the Flight Monitor screen, I select to go to FSX, now sometimes it loads FSX up and I'm at the airport.
Other times I have alt+tab numerous time to get FSX up.

Now another thing has started since the update, I now have another screen saying 'Generating AI' and if I click on it it tells me not to close the window as it is generating my ai, but I don't have any AI aircraft.

Puzzled?
mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 12:44pm
The AI generation is for creating your AH fleet in FSX. It is not generating the usual AI traffic, rather your fleet that you own in AH, for example if you own a learjet in Air Hauler that is parked somewhere, it will show in your FSX when AH has generated the AI. 

Concerning your first point - you are using Air Hauler (1), which is the original version of the AH series. A "sequel" of this program is in development now, and is available in early access. As a previous owner of AH, you are entitled to a £5 discount on the already discounted early access version, which, when completed, will give you a full version of Air Hauler 2. You can find this here: https://www.justflight.com/product/air-hauler-2-upgrade

Hope this clarifies somwhat.

Max
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 1:56pm
Wow thanks, I just bought it and downloaded, I will install in a moment, I didn't get a £5 discount, maybe I didn't do it right.
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 2:23pm
I'm now having a problem installing the upgrade, it is saying my password is incorrect, tried the copy and paste but that didn't work so I typed it in a few times but no luck.
The password is the long letters and numbers in capitals which I did but it kept saying password incorrect, help please.

Col
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 2:50pm
Damn!  I went on the early access forum, was told to reset my password, did that went back to the download to install and activate then get a message saying I don't have a valid purchase of the original product and this page will now terminate.

So looks like i just wasted my money, Geez!Angry
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 2:55pm
Please contact our support team who will be able to help you out.

Contact them here: www.justflight.com/support/contact

Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 3:04pm
I was on the support and then told me to reset my password which I did as I said in myprevious post, but I will try again thaqnks.
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 3:13pm
I ended up having to send a message with all what had happened, got a message back saying it may take up to 72 hours for a responce, what a joke.
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 4:35pm
I got a responce, seems I lost my money, it is only available if I purchased AH from Flight1, I've had my copy ages and I can't remember where I bought it.
It may have said that on the website bit I didn't read it.
mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 4:38pm
You say you didn't receive a £5 discount - did you buy the version I linked to you? That itself is £5 cheaper than the upgrade version.

Additionally, how is a 72 hour response time a joke? You have sent a support request to a busy company who also have to deal with other requests - you will not be the only person who has requested support, therefore I think it is fair to say 72 hours is a very reasonable time limit.

Max
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 4:53pm
I got a response as I said and the response said it was only for previous owners who purchased from Flight 1 but on the page it doesn't say that, I asked for a refund anyway, I will see what happens.

When I said it was a joke, when I sent the email it said there is always someone on 24/7 to answer and problems that is what I meant, anyway I take it back they did respond quick.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Col1948 Col1948 wrote:

I got a response as I said and the response said it was only for previous owners who purchased from Flight 1 but on the page it doesn't say that, I asked for a refund anyway, I will see what happens.

When I said it was a joke, when I sent the email it said there is always someone on 24/7 to answer and problems that is what I meant, anyway I take it back they did respond quick.

When you sent the email to who please?

Just Flight is the publisher of Air Hauler not Flight 1.  

If you send a support email to us we advise it may take up to 72 hours to reply this gives us some breathing space at busy times but 9 times out of 10 we'll get back to well within the 72 hour period. That said we don't state anywhere that someone is on hand to answer 24/7, that's just impossible as our support staff are all here in the UK and all require periods of rest and sleep, so please advise where you read that?  
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 8:32pm

Yes sorry I meant Just Flight, I got mixed up, there is that many forums and software with the word Flight, my mistake.
I did send it to Just flight as it was them that I downloaded and sent the message to and it was them that responded.
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 1:02pm
Got it loaded now, I didn't realise I could install it by inserting my original disk, my fault for not reading the poup instruction properly, sorry to be a pain.

Next question:  Do I have to start over or can I transfer from AH1 all my data etc?

Col.
Col1948 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 2:44pm
I saw when I opened AH2 there was an 'Import' button I did this and it seemed to put all my details in from AH1 but I had to take the flight test.
Just my luck I passed everything but on landing I did a slight bump and I failed Grrr!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic