This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skysiim DC-9 Fs2004

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanadeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skysiim DC-9 Fs2004
    Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 10:29am
Hello there.. just re-installed my DC-9 after years.. The base installation went great but upon downloading and trying to install the repaints I want to use I get to the final stage of the exe, It doesnt give me the option to choose a directory, I click on the cockpit color blue or grey then just as it is about to extract the files I get this error message

"Cannot create the following directory."

C:\D:\P3DPATH\Aircraft\Skysim DC-9 30\texture blah blah.......

I dont understand what the problem is, I have looked around but cannot find anything regarding this. Did email Skysim support but I thought I'd try my chances here as well.

Thanks for any help.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 10:33am
Check the start of the path - "C:\D:\P3DPATH"
You've got your C: and D: drives in the path there so the path will be incorrect. 

Also, I don't know anything about the SkySim product, but the chances of an FS2004 aircraft going into P3D and working successfully sounds like an outside bet...

Vanadeo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanadeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:36am
Hi again..

Thanks for the quick response.. Hmm yes looks like ima have to wait for a response for skysim.. just to be clear, sorry. I do have FS2004 and I do have the Fs2004 version of the plane and the repaint. Thogh the installers are looking for a P3D folder...

The repaint installer does not give me the option to change paths/directories which is really weird .. Its like it automatically assumes the path and shows P3D in the path even though it is for Fs9.

Really screwy. I was hoping someone else may have encountered this issue and found a solution for it, on here see.
Vanadeo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanadeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:36am
I disconnected my D drive and thought that might work but now its giving me this...

"Cannot create the following directory."
 C:\C:\P3DPATH\Aircraft\Skysim DC-9 30\texture blah blah....... W T actual F... >.<

so freakin frustrating.. does anyone know what is causing this. All I want to do is fly a bleedin plane.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:40am
Does the installer not have a Browse/Modifyetc button on that screen that allows you to change where you direct the files?
Vanadeo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanadeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 3:41pm
No it doesnt .. Its a registry issuel.. For some reason its putting the path as C:\ and then adding another drive O.o.... Ima see if I can do it now after using regedit.
Vanadeo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanadeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 3:54pm
Worked but now I have another problem.. Base VC Texture files could not be located, setup will now abort make sure all base installations are on your hardrive.. Which they are >.>....
Erik1234 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erik1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 5:27pm
Hi Vanadeo,

Today I purchased the Dc-9 FS2004 version and seem to have the same kind of problem. In my case the installer works (although I have to adjust the install path because by default it wants to install in E:\P3DPATH where my FS2004 is installed in E:\FS9.

The update and (more important) the liveries however want to install in C:\E:\P3DPATH and here I can indeed not adjust the install path.

Did you have any succes in solving this problem with or without SkySim support ? (I just mailed them my problem but have no experience with there response time).

Hope to hear !

Kind regards

Erik 
Erik1234 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erik1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 5:30pm
By the way.... I tried registry utilities and my registry seems well. I even re-installed FS2004 but without result. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic