This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dc-10 P3D v4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmagnumwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dc-10 P3D v4
    Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 11:15pm
Since I copied my copy from P3D v3(which also had the 747 gauges in the middle), I'm slightly unsure if this are all the gauges. 

Anyway, the DC-10 was working, after a quick check in V4. Now,with the last missing puzzle being released by Doug Downson, we can replace the 32bits .dll with a 64bits! 

Just follow these instructions(and download the DLL) https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/511169-realair-turbine-duke-v2-in-prepar3d-v4/?do=findComment&comment=3656044

Go to your gauges folder and look for "CLS_FSX_Sound_DC10.gau", delete it, or back it up.

extract and place the "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll" then rename it to "CLS_FSX_Sound_DC10.dll". 

Now you are good to go!

ssimm1958 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssimm1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 1:34pm
since the dc10 has been updated to v4 , does this need to be done or was this a fix for using the v3 version in v4?
if it aint broke, dont fix it
Mace_RB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mace_RB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 4:58am
Originally posted by drmagnumwolf drmagnumwolf wrote:

Since I copied my copy from P3D v3(which also had the 747 gauges in the middle), I'm slightly unsure if this are all the gauges. 

Anyway, the DC-10 was working, after a quick check in V4. Now,with the last missing puzzle being released by Doug Downson, we can replace the 32bits .dll with a 64bits! 

Just follow these instructions(and download the DLL) https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/511169-realair-turbine-duke-v2-in-prepar3d-v4/?do=findComment&comment=3656044

Go to your gauges folder and look for "CLS_FSX_Sound_DC10.gau", delete it, or back it up.

extract and place the "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll" then rename it to "CLS_FSX_Sound_DC10.dll". 

Now you are good to go!

Did you actually try this and test it?

After working on this all evening. I can report that it does not work to bring the Doug Dawson gauge sounds to life in P3Dv4, OR my skills have degraded.  Again, can you confirm that you did this, and it actually worked?

skipy69 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipy69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Mace_RB Mace_RB wrote:

Originally posted by drmagnumwolf drmagnumwolf wrote:

Now you are good to go!

Did you actually try this and test it?

After working on this all evening. I can report that it does not work to bring the Doug Dawson gauge sounds to life in P3Dv4, OR my skills have degraded.  Again, can you confirm that you did this, and it actually worked?

Hi,

I bought the P3Dv4 version of the DC10 and the 64 bits dll delivered with the product never worked. I tried to use the Doug's original dll with the same result. The only way to make Doug's dll working with the DC10 was to change the XML gauge code and the sound.ini file. A hard work I didn't want to do in place of Justflight! But it seems they won't fix and prefer to refund you if not happy.

Skip.
Mace_RB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mace_RB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:28am
Originally posted by skipy69 skipy69 wrote:

Hi,

I bought the P3Dv4 version of the DC10 and the 64 bits dll delivered with the product never worked. I tried to use the Doug's original dll with the same result. The only way to make Doug's dll working with the DC10 was to change the XML gauge code and the sound.ini file. A hard work I didn't want to do in place of Justflight! But it seems they won't fix and prefer to refund you if not happy.

Skip.

No, I am happy, and love the DC-10.  But it should have been fully-baked for P3D v4, if it is claimed to be compatible...

So I extracted each xml gauge from the CAB file, and attempted to do this.  I did manage to get some of the sounds working BUT I broke some of the switch animations in doing so.

Also, the ini file they ship is missing some fields that are required for Doug Dawson's 64 bit sound gauge.  So you have to modify it as well, to properly assign the sounds.

So...since I am too dumb with xml to do this, can you post up an easy one -- the NO SMOKING gauge xml, by chance?  I got it to sound off, but then destroyed the 2-way animation in the process...so I must be missing an expression or two.  My polish notation sucks...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic