This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > One-Eleven 300/400/500
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COG is wrong

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimos87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COG is wrong
    Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 9:36am
I'm testing this on P3D V4 the aircraft loads fine everything works etc etc , but the COG is always on the nose wherever you move the load it always sits too far forward and I think this is why it's doing a dive of death on GS capture, I've tried moving the stations or setting them as 0 but the COG is always too far forward any ideas how I can fit it.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:21pm
What you are seeing is the old FS bug of not displaying the correct CG position in the payload section: it is displayed in there relative to other reference points in the fde file, and as I worked from the default templates for that aircraft rather than a complete build from scratch, it highlights that basic error. The payload CG display has absolutely no bearing on the aircraft's flight characteristics whatsoever, the actual CG of the aircraft as it loads up in the sim is shown in the picture below, using one of the development tools which pinpoints various things on command:

jimos87 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimos87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 8:35am
So what is making it do a dive of death on ils capture? 
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 10:12am
Is it just doing the dive in P3D V4?

jimos87 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimos87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:11pm
Yes i never noticed it in V3. Everything in the aircraft seems to work until you try and land it
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:30pm
So that is probably to do with the autopilot coding, which is 32bit and currently not suitable or guaranteed to work in P3Dv4 which is 64 bit. Nothing you can do about that except wait!
jimos87 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimos87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 7:22pm
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting.
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Delta558 Delta558 wrote:

Is it just doing the dive in P3D V4?

Badly trimmed before a/p engagement.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic