This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EE Lightning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adverse yaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EE Lightning
    Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 4:46pm
Hi all.
I currently own the Just Flight EE Lightning, which I think is an excellent simulation. I see that Aerosoft also markets an EE Lighting, the trainer version having been currently released for sale on the Just Flight website, as well as the existing single seat model.
Does anyone have any thoughts on the relative virtues/vices of both of these simulations?
Thanks for any advice...................
226OCU View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 226OCU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 1:00pm
I love 'em. Takes me back to Coltishall in the 60's. Now they've released my favourite Mark T5...a totally unexpected surprise. Purchased without a second thought. Always loved the Aerosoft models, especially with TACPAC. Have spent many hours chasing Bears up and down the North Sea.

Both versions of Aircraft are great, perhaps the Aerosoft benefits from more recent programming. I'd buy them all..

Wait... I HAVE bought them all!!!!
Rick
adverse yaw View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adverse yaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 6:15pm
Thanks for the advice Rick! I suspected as much........ I do like the look of the T5......
Cheers.
Uncle Bucc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 10:05am
From what I have read both products have received very good write ups.  As always there will be 'pros and cons' in respect of each product but in the main either one is a good choice to buy.  If you are more of a "Sim Study" flyer then I believe that the Aerosoft EE Lightning just has the edge.

On a different note if you want to fly from UK airbases populated with Lightnings then go for the Team SDB add-ons.  They do RAF Binbrook  (silver Lightnings), RAF BInbrook an end of an era (camoflaged Lightnings, RAF Leconsfiled and RAF Wattisham - Lightning era. 

adverse yaw View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adverse yaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 12:57pm
Thanks for your response Uncle Bucc.
I already have the Just Flight Lighting, and am entirely satisfied with it, but as it doesn't feature the T5 - I may go ahead and purchase the Aerosoft one - best of both worlds I think.....
I will check out SDB thanks.
Cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic