This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FMC's not operating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssimm1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FMC's not operating
    Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:22pm
Hello I am Steve, and in advance thank you fo any help or concideration in this matter.

I have both DC-8 software packs installed  " just flight DC-8 Jetliner Series 50 to 70 v105, and  just flight DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 to 40 v107 "my models installed are s follows they are DC8-73F, DC8-63CF, DC8-62, DC8-61_Early, DC8-61, DC8-55_JetTrader, DC8-53, DC8-42, DC8-32, DC8-21, DC8-12, DC8-10. My fmc in models that have, work to a point, I found the fix for and installed the fonts needed and some imformation is visable, ( as I am running windows 10 and acording to the info I found that the fonts needed by the fmc's were not included in the install of windows 10) iformation visable after installing thr font fix is as follows-the model, the engines, and software but no  navdata and active date and i have navigragh and checked the nav data in the DC-8 Jetliner folder in the just flight folder in the p3dv3 root directory it has been upgraded to the current AIRAC cycle.

1701, version 1, 27/APR/2017 - 24/MAY/2017.

I can operate the fmc buttons (click) but the buttons have no effect on the fmc. change screens or type letter in the schrach pad, nothing I do seems to input any data. every thing else I have checked in the plane seems to work. but I have a flying plane with no working fmc, Please Please Please Some one help me as I bought the plane packs from just flight, I would just like my big beautfull DC8 birds to operate properly. Again please please will someone help me get the fmc's working properly. I have flown a few of the lower models that are vor to vor type. and they seemed to operate ok, this problem seems to only effect the models that have fmc's installed.

Is there a fix or patch to correct this problem? if so please someone please direct me to it. Or can someone instruct me on action to be taken to correct my issue, please please please. I would just like to be able to operate and fly these big beautiful DC8 birds as one would expect to be able to fly a payware product that  one had spent money for. please please please someone look into my issues and help me get these fmc's operating.   CryCryCryCryCryCryCry
if it aint broke, dont fix it
ssimm1958 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssimm1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 3:21pm
ok, figured out have to have fmc pulled up in 2d mode to use (no thanks to any body else here on forum) few reads but why did not any one reply back to tell me bout using fmc in shift+ 3 2d mode?
thought forums were supposed to be helpful. guess tis one is the exception to the rule. anyway if anyone cares or could be bothered, my fmc still does not see updated airac cycle. any ideas how could correct this?  a reply back helpful or not would be nice for the newbie. by the way got 10 to 40 updated to v108 but no joy on fmc on 50 to 70 , tnx for nothing so far. also see service packs for 10 t0 40 why no updated packs for 50 to 70 ? , kinda puts a dim light on just flight selling products that are so buggy. these have been around for quite a while.  one would think they would be squared away by now, guess not. one thing I will take away from this experience. will research heavily before investing in another just flight product. sorry for kinda griping but feeling a  bit salty over this experience.  OuchOuch
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by ssimm1958 ssimm1958 wrote:

ok, figured out have to have fmc pulled up in 2d mode to use (no thanks to any body else here on forum) few reads but why did not any one reply back to tell me bout using fmc in shift+ 3 2d mode?
thought forums were supposed to be helpful. guess tis one is the exception to the rule. anyway if anyone cares or could be bothered, my fmc still does not see updated airac cycle. any ideas how could correct this?  a reply back helpful or not would be nice for the newbie. by the way got 10 to 40 updated to v108 but no joy on fmc on 50 to 70 , tnx for nothing so far. also see service packs for 10 t0 40 why no updated packs for 50 to 70 ? , kinda puts a dim light on just flight selling products that are so buggy. these have been around for quite a while.  one would think they would be squared away by now, guess not. one thing I will take away from this experience. will research heavily before investing in another just flight product. sorry for kinda griping but feeling a  bit salty over this experience.  OuchOuch

Martyn will probably give you a better reply tomorrow but please note this is not the place for tech support. We do not monitor these forums every single day and especially not over the weekends.

Sometimes we'll spot something that we can help with and other forum users will jump in and help where help can be given but it's not a given that you'll get the perfect answer on these forums.

The thing to do is contact our tech support team here:  www.justflight.com/support/contact.  They will look into your issues and give you assistance.

As mentioned Martyn will give you an update on the 50 to 70 service pack, it's due quite soon, not entirely sure it will help your problem but Martyn will be able to give a better insight on that.  Expect that tomorrow and remember we're over in the UK so do check the forum Monday morning and you should see a reply.

Thanks   
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 12:51pm
Hi Steve,

Unfortunately we don't have access to the latest Navigraph data but it should work provided that you have installed the 'JustFlight DC-8 Jetliner' set from their website. If our support team don't have any suggestions then you might need to contact Navigraph for assistance with that one as they produce the data.

The Series 50 to 70 service pack is due to be released soon. We are just addressing a couple of final issues and completing the manual update.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ssimm1958 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssimm1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 4:59pm
I have it in JustFlight\DC-8 Jetliner\navdata folder Im wondering if is  In right format all data is in txt files, is that the correct format?  or should it have some dat files in there all so? and data thats in there was put there by ny navigraph database updater..
ssimm1958 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssimm1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:59pm
also posted a topic pertaining to this at navigraph.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic