This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HS-748 Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UPYONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HS-748 Challenge
    Posted: 08 May 2017 at 5:06pm
Hello Fellow Prop-Liner Pilots!

Been flying my way down the West Coast of South America and found an airport in southern Chile that might be a good challenge for you HS-748 enthusiasts!?

Villa O'Higgins, SCOH, Length 4265,
S48 28.15,
W72 33.78

Took more than one try getting in and more than one try getting out. Interested to see how you really skilled Sim pilots handle this one.

Also, having trouble with approaches, Autopilot Altitude Hold and speed since installing the latest upgrade this past Saturday. Anyone else having issues?
MRM
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 7:45am
Hi Mike,

If you can provide a bit more info about the autopilot issues then I'll have a look.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
UPYONDER View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UPYONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 3:26pm
Hello Martyn,

Just submitted the autopilot altitude hold issue to Technical Support. I re-started my last flight into SCCI Punta Arenas under the direction of FSX ATC and was able to recreate problems I had before. I am hopeful the programmer can get RPMs/Airspeed/Autopilot straightened out or at least returned to the way it was before the April upgrade. Thanks, Mike
MRM
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 8:37am
Remember a chap selling a selection of 'difficult' airports. I submitted Annecy to Courcheval in French Alps.
these were on FS2004, not sure if relevant to FSX.
johnep
johnep
UPYONDER View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UPYONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 4:30pm
Hello johnep,

I looked up both airports in FSX and they are both listed. Annecy LFLP (Maythet, France), looks do-able, maybe, approach from the south - it's only 2822 feet in length. I might give it a try with the HS-748 or default DC-3.

LFLJ Courchevel, France - no way! You first! Only 1762 feet in length, perched on a high plateau. I looked it up on Google Earth and it even looked more daunting.

Another airport that gave me a lot of trouble was SPHO Col Alfredo Mendivil Duarte, Ayacucho,Peru
I tried both with the HS-748/DC-3. ATC brings you in at around 12,000 and you have a short, steep approach into the long runway 9186'  Give it a try!
MRM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic