This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

757 Freemium problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limeyfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 757 Freemium problems
    Posted: 02 May 2017 at 11:15pm
Hello,

For a while I've been flying the Freemium 757 with Livery Combo Pack 1 installed.  My current set-up is FSX: Steam Edition, although I previously also had the box-set FSX installed and when I originally downloaded the free (BA livery) 757, it installed to the box-set version of the sim.

As box-set version was very prone to CTD, I ended up switching entirely to Steam Edition and reinstalled the base-757 to the SE folder location.  I then purchased livery combo pack 1 and installed that too, although I had a little difficulty as it was determined to install to the default folders not the Steam folders. However I got it working with a couple of caveats:
 - altitude callouts did not function
 - no smoking / seatbelt / various other minor sounds did not function
 - the free BA 757 model had seemingly vanished from the sim.

Having also had unrelated issues with a traffic add-on, I was advised by Just Flight tech support to uninstall the box-set FSX as having two different versions could apparently cause serious issues.  So now I have just the Steam version installed, with the Freemium 757 + Livery Combo Pack 1, plus my traffic addon.

However it seemed a shame to ignore the minor problems (for some reason I really like the seatbelt chime!) so I raised another support ticket concerning the above caveats.  I was advised to uninstall / reinstall the base BA Freemium 757.  Therefore I did this, and the following occurred;

- BA Freemium 757 installed again and working perfectly, including all sounds
- All Livery Combo Pack 1 variants became invisible in the sim

To attempt to rectify, I uninstalled the Combo pack, with a mind to reinstall it again.
However, I cannot now install the pack, as it is determined that I do not have the Freemium 757 installed!  Obviously it is looking in the default folder locations for the 'box set' version, but as I no longer have the box-set FSX, I can't even install a 'dummy' version of the base model to trick the Livery Pack into letting me Browse to the Steam Edition folders.

Basically, in trying to correct the minor issues, I'm now in a position where my £29.99 Livery Pack is uninstallable, and I'm left with the base BA model only!  Ouch

Apologies for the long tale of woe, but I'd really appreciate if someone could assist me.  The 757 is a lovely aircraft, and I was just starting to work out the FMC functions, but I'd really like to be able to use the Combo pack that I'd paid good money for.  Ideally I'd rather not reinstall the FSX box set as it isn't playable (CTD 10-15 mins into every flight.)

Thanks in advance
SB

limeyfox View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limeyfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 11:17pm
BTW - Just to clarify, by 'became invisible', I meant 'all internal / external views were invisible.  Aircraft was technically flyable, but unplayable for obvious reasons.

(Its a moot point now, as I can't reinstall!)
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:46am
Your best option is to contact our support team who will be able to assist you.

They can be contacted here: www.justflight.com/support/contact

Hope that helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic