This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Throttle control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awinwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throttle control
    Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 11:30am
Hi JF,

Before I raise a ticket, got an old problem again where the model no longer supports the twin throttles of my X-55. Had this before with the original release but it was sorted I believe. For a quick fix I can remap but this is not ideal.

Other than that; awesome!Big smile

Another unrelated issue you may not be aware of: If I run TacPack, FSUIPC and FTX England I get a CTD at completion of loading scenario. Works OK with either FSUIPC or TacPack but not with both. In each case it is kernelbase.dll that causes the error. Away from the UK it works fine so am assuming it is some interaction issue between the three packages. Strangely only happened after I installed the Hawk and it may be completely unrelated. Thought it might be useful info, not blaming you guys!
mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 5:12pm
Hi Awinwey,

I too found this issue, I believe it occurs when the throttle axis on your joystick is bound to the number 1 throttle axis in FSX/P3D. As a workaround I found that binding your throttle on your joystick to the generic throttle axis in FSX/P3D should fix this.

Max
WMMangus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMMangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 8:18pm
I have the same problem with my Saitek X-56 Rhino. Stick and rudder pedals work fine. Throttle works in all other aircraft.

I do have the twin throttles mapped to throttle axes 1 and 2. Other single engine a/c work fine with this mapping. It's a pain to have to re-map the throttle just to fly one aircraft.

Please try and make a correction.
robwin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 7:03pm
I have the same problem. I have a saitek cessna control yoke plus a saitek throttle quadrant that are combined and configured for twin engine aircraft. The throttle does not work at all on the hawk. I use spad next for all my aircraft and the hawk is the only one with throttle issues.can someone please point me in the right direction..Thanks.
robwin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 8:23pm
Update to the above. Managed to make a temporary fix creating an aircraft specific profile with fsuipc.Smile
robwin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 6:54pm
Further  to my last. The fsuipc fix is not working well. No matter how I calibrate the throttle it starts with half power selected and the throttle has a huge lag. Can someone let me know what the original remedy was please. 

Thanks in anticipation.

WMMangus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMMangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:27pm
I had a several PM session with one of the staff back in the spring. I no longer have the emails but the upshot was JF contacted the developer and found out he/they have no idea what they did to fix this issue back when the Hawk was first introduced. As of that email, the developer has no plans to do any further work on this issue. I'll see if I can find that traffic and post it here.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:59pm
Hi Chaps,
I'm the developer of the Hawk and the throttle issue is still on my radar. Weirdly, I just send an email off this evening about it. I've recently got hold of one of the joysticks that has this problem so I can start getting to the root of the problem soon. 
Work on the Hawk is far from dead yet. I've got another service pack planned for it that will include some upgrades and enhancements, as well as bug fixes for anything reported so far. After that there is the possibility of it popping up in some other sims as well, so there is more to come. 
robwin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 1:01pm
Thanks both for your feed back.

As I mentioned earlier, my problem is with my Saitek Cessna pro flight controllers. In fact I have all the Saitek boxes plus the trim wheel rudder pedals etc, and I use a triple widescreen setup with Nvdea surround. I have windows 10 anniversary edition 1703 and P3dV4.1 

I use SpadNext for my saitek drivers which work perfectly will all my aircraft except the Hawk. I have tried calibrating my devices through P3D and SpadNext and of course FSUIPC  and it is only the latter which gets any response out of the Hawk Throttle. This is so bad it makes the aircraft unusable. All my other devices work fine.

I have a P3D 3.4 installed on a gaming laptop with a thrust master controller and the Hawk works perfectly on that so it is obvious the issue is with my Saitek Cessna proflight yoke with its throttle quadrant and additional throttle quadrant. I hope this info helps you Rich with your fix.

Thanks again

Rob
robwin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 6:33pm
Hello guys .. Is there any news on the service pack that fixes the Hawk throttle problem with saitek controllers ? I have not been able to use it .

Thanks ..Rob
Ivor View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 5:52pm
Hi so glad these posts are here thought I had a down load issue, look forward to an update to enable proper flight with throttle, otherwise an excellent model.
Ivor
Ivor View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 6:51pm
Hi so glad these posts are here thought I had a down load issue, look forward to an update to enable proper flight with throttle, otherwise an excellent model.
Ivor
vvince View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 9:28am
Hello,
I just wanted to report that the throttle issue is not only with Saitek controller : I have the problem with my Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog.
Cheers
Vvince
WMMangus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMMangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 2:31pm
Posting once again to inquire if any progress has been made or is planned to fix this issue. No updates to Hawk recently I've found. Saitek X-56 with throttles mapped to throttle 1 and 2 still does not work for Hawk single throttle.

Please advise.

WMM
WMMangus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WMMangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi Chaps,
I'm the developer of the Hawk and the throttle issue is still on my radar. Weirdly, I just send an email off this evening about it. I've recently got hold of one of the joysticks that has this problem so I can start getting to the root of the problem soon. 
Work on the Hawk is far from dead yet. I've got another service pack planned for it that will include some upgrades and enhancements, as well as bug fixes for anything reported so far. After that there is the possibility of it popping up in some other sims as well, so there is more to come. 

Any progress on this issue. Still exists for me.
Druid View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Druid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 11:15am
Hi
Just purchased the Hawk and having the same problem with the throttle. I have Thrustmaster Warthog and the throttle only responds to the small slider on the right hand side of throttle unit if selected in settings. Needs to be assignable to throttle 1 or 2. Otherwise so far pleased with it.
Using P3D v4.4
Druid
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic