This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Tacpack upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:47pm
Since the latest latest TacPack upgrade (1.5.0.2) it has got worse.
The bombs drop. That's it.
Gun doesn't work.
Rockets don't fire.
Missiles are dead, no tone, no launch.
All work perfectly in FSX
Pity about P3Dv4, it's a lovely aircraft to fly.
I agree it hasn't been upgraded for the 64bit Tacpack

Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by petesmiffy petesmiffy wrote:

Since the latest latest TacPack upgrade (1.5.0.2) it has got worse.
The bombs drop. That's it.
Gun doesn't work.
Rockets don't fire.
Missiles are dead, no tone, no launch.
All work perfectly in FSX
Pity about P3Dv4, it's a lovely aircraft to fly.
I agree it hasn't been upgraded for the 64bit Tacpack

This requires urgent attention! The fact you say it works in FSX leads me to suspect that 64 bit TacPack integration has not been accomplished.

I think the 64 bit Prepared is the stable logical progression for the sim. I certainly like it over my 32 bit predecessor! Gone are oom's!

I hope JF can adjust the code to work with 64 bit TacPack. It would augur well for the up comming Vulcan release, if that is intended for TacPack compatibility that is? One can only hope.

There are seemingly very few releases these days, that are clean and bug free. Every thing seems to be released in "beta"?

Best regards
David

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 2:31pm
I tried the Hawk with the new TacPak upgrade. No improvement at all.
Is there any intention of addressing these issues?
Or is it just me?
Does it work for anyone else?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 8:31am
The Tacpack should be fully functional in the Hawk. If not then please contact the support team and they will be able to assist. 
Thanks
tucanto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 2:10pm
I have set the weapons as per readme ,but I do not understand this 'Pickle' stuff so do not know how to fire weapons I would like to use the Joystick Fire button.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 6:50pm
"Pickle" is simply American slang for "bomb release".

Tacpak requires you to map 2 joystick buttons for fire control, but you can use the keyboard if you want to, for either one or both. One button is the trigger, which will fire your guns (and missiles in some aircraft). You need to assign a seperate button for the "pickle" which is the one that drops your bombs. Use the Tacpak manager to assign the buttons. The trigger on your joystick is usually Button 0. I think most people would assign Button 1, the one on the top of your joystick to the "pickle". If you have no convienient button for the "pickle" then assign a keystroke. Of course, once you have done this, you cannot use the trigger for the brakes!

tucanto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 2:53pm
Thanks for your reply, my understanding is that Tacpak is a free upgrade in the J.F. Hawk T1
where is the Tacpak manager ?
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 5:49pm
In your VRS TacPack folder
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 11:12am
I have installed the latest Tacpack update for P3Dv4.4
Now, I actually get rounds leaving the gun and bombs still drop.
BUT missiles and rockets are STILL inert.
Will this be addressed?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic